Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another dumb question from b.b.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOWTIE BROWN, Dec 14, 2011.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i found these little buckets & was wondering if anybody could tell me with ....what they might have came off of. (year)
    bout 10" long....8 1/2 dia. Need a ring for one if anybody can help there also & no iam not going to keep . I save stuff from being junked & this was part of the job.
    thanxz
    b.b.

Attached Files:

2. Those would look good on your galaxie. :D:D

I am certainly no expert but I would guess that they are after market lights. Do they have any markings on them at all?

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Nope . I really don't think they are repops because of the old wire coming out .

4. I got a pair of auxilary lights from the '30s made by auto radiator company. There was a pretty good after market for lights back then. A quick way to make your gow job sexy was to change the lights.

Anyway just a thought, there is bound to be someone who can finger them for sure.

5. OK I'll bounce you for the smart crowd.

6. Well pretty long mounting bolts mean there was a headlight stand under the headlight. Looks like an early Ford clip on the rim which looks painted as does the bucket. So i,ll guess around 1934 or so Ford pickup.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Check the top of the body centered by the edge for a Ford Two-Lite stamping. Sealed beam says 40-up, long hoolow mount bolt says truck, all black says truck, Ford truck means 40-41 3/4 or 1ton, or 40-47 Cab over because the others have headlamps in the fenders.
    If it is not marked Ford, it may have another maker name stamped in same place or nothing which indicates generic replacemnt truck headlamp.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  8. franklgr

franklgr
    from SWPDX

They look identicle to head lights I took off a ford perfect (British) from about 1950. They will fit on many cars and look good. also fit model A heads light bar with a little drilling. Have fun.

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

THANXZ guys....need a ring or sale as is .
    B.B.