Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Dan Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by danzee, Mar 1, 2005.

1. danzee

danzee
    from ERIE,PA.

Hi, My name is Dan. I'm a 64 year old fogie that's been addicted to the 32 FORD since I was 14 or so. - I've put together a couple of "sleepers" over the years, but none of them were 32's. Back in 1963 I put a brand new 360 H.P. 327 in a 1954 Chev.Tudor I had.It was great fun! -After my divorce, early 80's, my daily driver was a 1933 Plymouth 4door. The 52 6cyl. that was in it crapped out & needed new power, so I put in a 1967 Jag 4.2 Liter OHC 6 with 4 speed, just because I had it & it was so different. (I had a choice of a 350 small block chev. or the Jag). It was more fun than the 54 & I wish I still had both of them .
    I've been piecing together a 32 Roadster for more than 20 years & hopefully will start assembling it this year . Also have a 32-5wc,33-5wc& a 1934 Fiat Roadster .You have a great site here. I've already found a tranplanted guy in the HAMB that I knew during my club days,& expect to find more. DANZEE

2. gman

gman

Welcome. What fun--a jag 6 in that car.

3. danzee

danzee
    from ERIE,PA.

Yeah, it was what I had available at the time. MY oldest son had totaled the Jag , so I put it in . He probably wishes he still had the Jag. It was a rusted out hulk when we found it . Spent almost a year repairing the rusted out floor, then he took it out & put it in a ditch!

4. danzee

danzee
    from ERIE,PA.

Oh yeah. Kansas City is where I found the 1934 Fiat roadster back in the late 70's .

5. robster

robster

Welcome to the HAMB Danzee - I'm a lover of the 32/33 coupes myself ... a few years back my mate had a 32 roadster with a v12 jag motor - like you say it's good to see something different...good luck with the project

6. I go pogo

I go pogo

Welcome to another vintage 1940 or is it 1941. you have any pictures. I'd love to see them. POGO

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the hamb, glad to have you and your knowledge aboard.

8. DanO

DanO
    Alliance Vendor
    from Neosho, MO

Welcome to the HAMB. Its good to have another Dan on board.

9. danzee

danzee
    from ERIE,PA.

I'm really glad to have found you all . I'm super new to this computer thing & it took a couple of months to stumble into your site . It's a great place for info about whats goin' on in the HOT ROD World !

10. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Hey Dan, You finally did it! I remember cruising to the 78 Columbus Nats at about 75 mph in Mikes Orange 39 Chevy that you might remember, and you passed us with the 33 Plymouth like we were going backwards. If I remember correctly, that was still the Plymouth 6 cyl in there. You should try to post a pic of the 33 3 window. That car has a great chop that I think everyone would appreciate.

11. Welcome to te HAMB Dan,,,,,,,, :) HRP

12. danzee

danzee
    from ERIE,PA.

Yeah, the flattie 6 that was in the 33 Ply . 4 door when I bought it came outta a 52 Mopar . It wasn't my fault about the MPH . My speedo said I was only doin' 55 .(It was a speedo gear problem). When my speedometer read 37 MPH,I was actually goin' 55MPH, so........Anyway, this here pic was taken in 1988 . Grandson was about 5 . I can't remember if this is the same pic that was in HOT ROD MECHANIX .

[​IMG]

13. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Ok, so now you have a picture of the jacket for your avtar, I guess you wno't be needing it anymore right? I'll pick up the shipping costs!

14. danzee

danzee
    from ERIE,PA.

Oh Yeah, the jacket.........now where the hell did I put it? .......O.K. don't worry, I found it . Now I gotta put it back on the hanger & stick it in the closet for another 20 years .

15. Clark

Clark

Welcome to the board from another PA HAMBer.
    Clark