Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Another crash at car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilguy, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have seen a few of those "shorties" on craigslist over the years. Seems like tri five wagons get the asignment more so. You just hope that if they have to build it they didn't take a good car to hack it up. With the fit and finish that some of these take to get all spit shined up like, you think they could build a regular and have something that someone else might like.

chryslerfan55, Wrench666 and swade41 like this.
  2. XXL__

XXL__

... unless acted upon by an outside force.

Like gravity, friction, pushing the brake pedal, counter-steering out of the slide, good sense not to do it in the first place, etc.

Shutter Speed and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

After I saw the Washington State plate on the car, I did a ZABASEARCH.COM on the guys name in the article. He's actually an Oregon resident. Probably lives close to the Wa/Or border, and licenses in Wa, because it's cheaper; that would be my guess anyway. Oregon is more "progressive" than Wa; they have a state tax, pumping your own gas (you can't), aerosol spray cans (flurocarbons), disposable diapers in the trash (a no-no), and other things come to mind. A lot of things that seem to go with car shows, especially those put on in city streets, really should't really be allowed in any form, even such as tying a car down to do a burnout. That just encourages people to join in after the show. Things happen, and no amount regulation will stop it. Static displays, with only one entry/exit point, and appropriate police presence will help, but not stop it; there's just too many nutty people out there. I have't been to a car show in years, and for a lot of different reasons. If this does't put an end to this show, it will seriously make for some changes in any future shows. And I agree, the guy ruined a nice 4 door car; and now has a parts car. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 and Oilguy like this.
  4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think his ad is in the "salvage" section now ;)

He'll never salvage his rep, bruised for good.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was at a local cruise having a chat and a fella left with a rumpity rump...didn't see what it was and then he let it out and I guarantee not one individual at that cruise heard a f'n thing for 10 to 15 seconds...yeah not cool...and furthermore one of those there said he does it all the time. I dunno the organizers have to deal with this stuff but it again highlights divides in the hobby.

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'm thinking about it...

7. GuyW

GuyW

Yep, you couple these incidents with the mere public appearance of the s%^& pile rat rods that scream rusty greasy dangerous, worn out junkpile, and pretty soon the brain dead zombies are milling around, chanting "Who Needs 300 Horsepower?" and "No Urban Assault Vehicles"...

chryslerfan55, egads and VANDENPLAS like this.
  8. The guy will be lucky if he doesn't get jail time, his insurance probably want pay, he will end up getting sued, he is out a car (if you can call it that) and he is going to be paying for his lack of good judgement for years to come. HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I know a lot of rat rodders ^^ that are no where near that stupid.....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  10. When I was a little kid and did something foolish to get attention, I had an Uncle who would scold me and tell me I was "showin' my ass". Apparently this guy didn't have such an Uncle around.

11. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Damn Bob Falfa wannabe.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Just fortunate nobody was seriously hurt or killed.
    Something not mentioned here is alcohol. I have a couple three beers at the strip, maybe one at a show. No problem.
    But come on, we ALL know that guy who just has to get drunk, way overdo it, insist he is fine.....after 12 beers.
    Too much alcohol leads to bad decisions, don't be that guy!

chryslerfan55, Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  13. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Hang on Peg. You kids buckle up. Dam Hot Rodders...................................................

[​IMG]

14. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

My bets were gonna be it was a mustang. :rolleyes:

Fitty Toomuch, LAROKE and swade41 like this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just to be clear, I have never been to Ontario! :rolleyes:

16. Gu
    Guess you were wrong eh? :p

17. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Reminds me of the Dodge commercials where the cars are "DODGEING" all over the street.

18. Deuces

Deuces

These guys don't look like the Bundys.......:rolleyes:

19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I wonder if he bought it off say the original builder and thought he was a hot shot and just showing off. I would think if he put all the time, blood , sweat and tears as well as money into what that car was at the point before the wreck he would have had more respect for his car not withstanding respect for other people and their cars.

20. Nobey

Nobey

Well Mr. Madoin, if you wanted attention, you certainly got it!!!.... I hope the guy you ran into will
    recover, and not be maimed for life.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got on my 2-step once leaving a show, trans brake on, race trim, stuttered at about 4200. They kept yelling, "LIGHT EM UP! LIGHT EM UP!" so I stopped and did that instead. People scattered like it was gonna blow up. The car would 60' about 1.40, no way would any sane person release such a thing in a crowded area. Was it dumb? Maybe, but they got more than they bargained for and I just idled by after. Damn, that was a loooong time ago...:eek:

22. I personally hope that the guy does not have to do time and has learned the error of his ways. I am not admitting to having done time publicly on an internet forum, but in my experience people who think someone should do time have no idea what it is like on the inside. A lot of the time supervised probation and *real community service is all it takes for one to learn the error of his ways.

*let him rub shoulders with the real dregs of society for a few hundred hours.[/QUOTE]

Glad you are still around man! One of the all time great HAMB'ers in my book!
    Burnouts in Hillsboro were at least late at night!!! LOL

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Local to me that is...;)...and what I speak of has no borders as it is in the mindset. If your ever Ottawa way PM me and we will share some friendly conversation over a beverage. I have met a few Hambers recently beyond the keyboard...

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  24. Shoot I get idiots wanting me to "light them up" leaving the car show. In my off topic 2002 piece of shit van that I use to get to the swap meet and back. I think if I even tried it once that would be the end of the transmission. I think it's nuts.

25. Gman0046

Gman0046

I hope this Douche gets to spend a little time in pokey and becomes a bad mans boy friend.
    Besides Shorty's Suck.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Deuces likes this.
  26. If the guy has anything going at all, he's probably beating himself up even worse than you.

19Eddy30, Chili Phil and dan31 like this.
  27. \
    Looks better wrecked.

28. 29moonshine

29moonshine

time and place for every thing. pro street cars with no tags doing burnouts got the cruise in shut down

Truck64 likes this.
  29. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Like others, have done PLENTY of stupid things but not place innocents at risk. Not long ago in my hometown somebody broadsided a car with their motorcycle in a residential area travelling in excess of 100 miles an hour, the car rolled, a beautiful and successful young lady with her whole life in front of her was killed. WTF? I like to drive fast too, but there's a time and a place.

30. never understoof the 'shortie" thing

thay all look bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.