Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another car related irrelavant post....interior question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Pulled the 36 out of the cobwebbed shop today and blew off the dust. She's fixing to become the official Drag~N~Fly tow vehicle.

Now, here is the question.

On a typical 2 tone seat, tuck and rolled with inserts, what color should be the prominent one or does it matter?

For instance, I think the Navy should be the color of the insert, for practical purposes, wear, dirt, discoloration etc. and the outer would be the Ivory or white.

The wife thinks the opposite. She says the ivory is more appealing to the eye. What do you think? The outside of the truck will be Navy with Ivory striping and wheels.

2. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

I prefer the darker color as the prominent one.

Back to your normally scheduled trad versus Boyd banter.

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I agrre with your wife on this one...although your thoughts on practicality are certainly valid ones!

I think if the exterior is predominantly blue with ivory accents, that the interior should be the opposite.

My twin pennies! [​IMG]

4. Radshit

Radshit

If the truck outside is Navy.....I'd go with Ivory with Navy inserts....contrast.........

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

I knew I could count on Rad to agree with me.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Your wife has a good eye. [​IMG]

7. if your WIFE plans on cleaning your seats,,,let her PICK the COLORS,,
    otherwise,,,i think navy with IVORY insets looks better,,,

but i'm a STUPIDBITCH,,,so don't take my words seriously

MISS hellbound hootch

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green"> If I ever land seats for the 41....

They will be black with white inserts.

BECAUSE, I can throw blankets on the seats for driving and remove them when I get where I'm going.

I don't dig sticking to seats anyway.

If I fail to remember to cover the damn things, I don't want third degree burns from sitting on the dark inserts.
    </font>

9. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

11. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

On the 62, I went with the darker outer and lighter inserts.

12. light colored inserts with darker outsides....Root, you don't wanna park your ass on a dark insert that's been sitting in the sun, do ya? I didn't think so. And make my inserts cloth or perforated leather like my Porsche seats. I don't dig sticking to vinyl.

13. DrJ

DrJ

I think seats in a truck should be whatever shade of BROWN the local dirt is because that's what color they are going to end up anyway.
    If it's a "real" truck that is, and not just a city slicker poser truck... [​IMG]

On a two tone, if one of them is to be cloth it probably should be the dark color and be the insert surounded with the light color.
    I'd like the white on the front part of the seat where my thigh is going to stick to a dark color when I'm wearing shorts, which is 11 &amp; 1/2 months out of the year.
    I was just looking thru some old "CARS" magazines from the early 60's and they were both ways about equally, so it's just a matter of taste.
    I did run across a How-to with Larry Alexander cutting the radiused rear wheel openings on the under-construction Adonis (Sept 1962)