Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another car club question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bob cutler, Dec 25, 2012.

1. bob cutler

bob cutler

Wanting to start my own club, googled the name, Rust and Rods, didnt come up with anything. Anybody know if its already out there thanks.

2. bob cutler

bob cutler

Hello is this thing on?

3. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I never heard of it...But then again I have not heard of very many either.Good luck Bob.

4. Fenders

Fenders

I've got my own club, it's called "club of one."

5. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

sounds like a car show ...not a car club...

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sounds wrong for a club. how about Rustn' Rods or Rust'n'Rods or Ain't Done Rods? will plaques be rusty? so, what is with starting "your" club? just want to have a club plaque and jacket (which can be very expensive)?

7. bob cutler

bob cutler

Dont need jackets, no rusty plaques, just want to start my own club to make my own trophys to hand out, was just trying to find a name thats not been used.

8. Scumdog

Scumdog

'hand out'?

Who to? - yourself??:confused:

9. bob cutler

bob cutler

make my own to give to the car i like best.

10. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

How many hot rodders in you're neighborhood?..Its just me and one other guy in my hood..

I mean there's tons locally in other surrounding city's,but If we started a club,it would be pretty bare..Plus there's already a shitload of clubs..but I'm in L.A.

Also,dallas jon is right.It does sound like the name of a show,not a club

11. Bulletnose keeps an on line museum kind of archive thingy of car club plaques.

12. bob cutler

bob cutler

The name Rust"n Rods would be ok, lots of car guys here just need a few, not going to start a new show lots of them within 20-250 miles

13. bustingear

bustingear

Whos the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
    MICKEY MOUSE

14. Thumper

Thumper

Oooohhh shit.......LMAO.....here we go again lads...:D

Oh ......and good luck to you on getting it started.

15. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

It's crazy how much smut shows up when you google car club names ...:eek:

16. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

please clarify why you are handing out your own trophys. plus, who want one? don't need a fake club or trophy to let someone else know that you like their ride.

18. bob cutler

bob cutler

Should have known better than asking a simple question on here

19. as for what you asked... never heard of it, should be available. although like was said before, sounds more like a carshow than a club name but its not bad

20. Scumdog

Scumdog

Oh, that's nice..

You did leave a lot open ended comments in your posts, so how about clearly explaining your plans and cover all those comments made by people on here?

No use posting something that's a tad vague and then throwing your toys outa the cot when it doesn't all go as you thought it would.

21. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

I was being serious about my post..Some others i think were just joking.Its the internet bro..Its for entertainment ya know?

"Dick heads",now that would be a cool club name."what club you from"?.."the dick heads"

22. bob cutler

bob cutler

Whats so hard to understand about starting my own club? Open ended comments? Lots of clubs make there own awards to hand out or Give to the car they like best, we have one car club in the county and all they have done is to piss off most of the people around here with the way they do things.

23. Bob,...you can make a trophy and give it to your favorite pick at the Torquefest show this year in May in Dubuque, Iowa; lots of clubs do.

24. bob cutler

bob cutler

rusty1 thank you, Thats what i had in mind, going to try to make it to Torquefest next year along with at least 4 other big shows!

25. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Bob .Have you made any trophies yet?If and when you do can you post pics.I would be interested in seeing what you came up with.If you don't mind.

26. My take ~ In order for a trophy to mean something, it needs to come from a respected source, like the judges at the GNRS or Autorama. Also, winning a trophy picked by an established club, like say The Beatnicks would have meaning since they are well respected and have been around and earned that respect, paid their dues so to speak. Winning a trophy from a club that was started just so they could give out trophy's because they didn't like what some other club was doing wouldn't mean much. That is about as exciting as going to a Friday Night Cruise and getting trophy from the local diner that sponsored the cruise ~ who cares? (other than the trophy whores).
    Seems to me if you want to start a club for all the right reasons (the camaraderie, doing things with like minded people, helping each other with your cars) then go for. then if you survive for a few years and gain the respect of the others in your area, then maybe doing trophy's at an event would be worthwhile.
    Just my opinion

27. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

28. chopped

chopped

Can a club have only one member? Me and the guy in the mirror does not a group make.

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

The reason we have car club picks at our show is to avoid all the people out there that get so bent out of shape about awards or trophies. If people out there understand that the awards/trophies are simply 1 car clubs OPINION of what they like....then we avoid a lot of drama. For ME, when I got a trophy from some fellow car club guys who liked my car - it meant a LOT more to me than the different plaques and junk that I get at some cruise ins and shows.
    SO thanks for wanting to present at Vintage Torque Fest - car club or not we want to give people a chance to tell others what they thought was the best ride there.
    Last year we had 5 different car clubs pick the same ride, and another car got 3 awards.
    We had about another 4 car clubs pick some other rides.
    BUT
    the fact that those 2 cars got 75% of the car club picks shows everyone else at the show that those 2 cars were a couple of the best rides there.....
    And ultimately our show is about having a good time and driving- not trophies, but we realize some love seeing these pieces and the different ideas that guys come up with.

30. bob cutler

bob cutler

hotroddon ya have a good point but your wrong, i have done all of what you said and then some, i have been building and helping others with there builds for years, my reason for wanting to start out on my own is my choice and i have had others that want to join. I dont go to judged shows, i like when someone comes up and says hey i really like your car and asks about the build. Its not winning a trophy its saying nice work. And hell ive been around this long i will survive a few more years, as far as respect i have earned my share.