Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Brake Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by djust, Nov 18, 2009.

1. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Getting ready to run new brake lines on my 29 sedan.
    Master Cylinder mounted under the drivers seat on the frame rail.
    I know I am going to need residual valves 2lb for front discs and 10lb for rear drums.
    Found some proportioning valves that mount right on the MC.
    After all that heres the question.
    I have already painted the frame and all its components and the rearend and the rearend does not have any tabs for the brake lines on it.
    If I run the rear brake line down the frame rail and put a tee at the drivers rear wheel with a rubber line to that drum and from the tee continue the brake line on the frame across the back to the passenger wheel with another rubber line to that wheel will it work.
    I don't think there should be an issue with one rear brake line being that much longer than the other one.
    Pressure should still be the same to both rear wheels I think, but don't know exactly.
    Anyone else do this and how did it work out or will I have to weld on some tabs and repaint the rearend which I don't want to, but do want the rear brakes working in tandom.
    The passenger front wheel will have longer lines than the drivers wheel but not near as much as the rear will.

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

It'll work just fine....length of line doesn't have an effect on hyd pressure.

3. flathead4d

flathead4d

I'm not totally sure but I think as long as the lines are the same diameter inside that the length won't make any difference. Some of you hydraulic engineers jump in here and let me know if I'm right.

4. a tee and two hoses will work just fine

or you can drill and tap your housing 10-32 and use adel clamps

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Should work ok just leave enough rubber line to allow for suspension travel.

6. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Thanks guys thats what I thought but needed an expert opinion