Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Miss-B-Haven Speed Shoppe, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Great find!! Taking the old guy for a ride will be fulfilling for both of you! It is great that he realized he wouldn't be finishing them.

The wife's uncle left all of his cars go for way too long. He had around 200 cars. All old Buicks, Oldsmobiles and some odd-ball stuff. When he died, we could only salvage one car (our 55 Cad). All the rest were rotted beyond hope, they fell in two or three peices when they picked them up.

Bill

2. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

nice cars,my luck can't even find the damn barns.

3. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Pretty CLEAN cars for sitting for 35 yrs... no road to get to the car wash either...

4. jeffh355

jeffh355

I love stories like this!!! Living in the concrete jungles of Los Angeles, no barns or open space around here to explore. Nice to live the dream of a barn find through others.

5. burninbilly

burninbilly

great find,,,,thank god for ol boys like him,deserves a ride

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Not only was he starting them on occasion he must have been washing an waxing them to. A car sitting in those conditions would look worse than that after 6 months.

Frank

7. seatex

seatex

From the looks of it, you found a pretty nice Plymouth!:rolleyes:

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

What a find and the story of the ol guy makes it even better. Good luck and keep this story posted

9. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I ever find in barns is cow shit...

10. Old PC CAR pics 006.jpg Old PC CAR pics 007.jpg Well I'm getting pretty excited, been working on the road for the last few days, and I think that tomorrow is the day for retrieval. I will shoot lots of pics, and try to video it. I also asked the ol'boy if he could write the history down for me where and when he got them, maybe who he got them from, and a few stories about them. He told me that the Chevy was a spur of the moment purchase as he was headed home from skiing at Mt. Hood, and bought it in Sandy, Oregon. He saw it sitting on the side of the road and whipped around to look at it. His wife thought that he was crazy, as most do about our passion, but none the less he drove it home. He then drove it back and forth from his home to work in Portland, which is about an hour away. He said that he did this for about two years before parking it in the barn when he bought the Ford. Shortly after purchasing the Ford, with intentions of fixing up the interior, there was some logging done, and washed the road out. Here is where they have sat, since he has not completed the Ford, he did not make an attempt to clear the property to access the cars to drive them. He also is very involved with orphan kids, and has put forth most of his time and money to help them. I have to say that he is a pretty amazing man, and has some terrific stories. The least that I can do for him, is let him enjoy some memorable moments, and rides in the old tin. Here is a picture of him with the cars as we were discussing how to get them out.

11. Master of None

Master of None

Great find and a cool story to boot.

12. duste01

duste01

that will be me in 35 years.....

13. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Great find...congrats! Its good to hear those stories still exist! How did the ol timer like cruisin after all those years?

14. Donnda

Donnda

Damn .... a million barns here in Montana and just about 50 million pounds of cow crap but NO finds like this ....Congrats super find.
    Donn

15. Well here are the pics of the cars coming out of the barn today, it was alittle work, but the road held up pretty good, until it started pouring on us, and then the creek started rising, and washing us out again. The first pic you can see the water starting to cross our new road, and a few more down, you can see that it turned to mud in a hurry. With the four wheel drive tractor though, it only took about 3 hours to get them out. A great day! The old timer started crying when I left with the cars, but I promised him that I would be back to take him for a nice summer's day drive, and downtown for a soda.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  16. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Ah man, that breaks your heart. I'm glad you're treating him well.

17. i feel sad for the ol guy too. we goner need pics of you taking him out when you do. :cool:

18. historynw

historynw

Man you sure can tell he loved his cars, he looks sad saying goodbye to them.

19. Great story!
    Mayhaps you can pile a bunch of the orphans in for some rides.
    Bill.

20. mid-mo lacquer

mid-mo lacquer
    from Missouri

I hope he get's to drive!! At least to the end of the driveway; )~