Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Miss-B-Haven Speed Shoppe, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Today a good friend and I went on a lead for a pair of 28 sedans. One Chevy and one Ford. It turned out to be true, barn finds sitting there for over 35 years. I don't need anymore cars, but you can never have too many, so we bought them. The old boy who owned them, had them blocked up, and continued to start them even after he could no longer get them out of the barn due to mud build up from a slide and washing away the road. There they sat and over the years he has maintained them, tinkering and even started to reupholster one, hoping to one day drive them again. At 83 he realised that that wasn't going to happen, so he decided to sell them. I told him that once I got them out I would take him for a ride. We have to build a new road to the barn to retrieve them, pull the cars through about two and a half feet of mud, and they will be on there way to the street again. A great day all in all, I met a great guy and added somemore "Old Tin" to the collection.

Attached Files:

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Good save! Hope the old fellow has a good time when you take him for a ride.....

3. alleyoop

alleyoop

4. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

Awesome find! Looks identical to the one in the basment at my work. May I ask how much something that complete goes for? I never see anybody post prices on these kind of finds.

5. Holy Cow, I need to find me a Barn.....
    Great Find...
    They guy will love to go for a ride....

6. rebstew187

rebstew187

Too cool. I feel sad for the old fella but at least he knew it was time for them to go.

7. jreeder41

jreeder41

That is freaking an awesome find. Looks like he had kept them in excellent shape.

8. Rain_man

Rain_man

nice great score

9. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Nice find, congratulations.

10. I'd be willing to take the old fellow for a ride once a week for the rest of his life, and hope he lives to be 100!

11. be sure and post more pic's of them being removed. really cool.

12. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Very cool and they look to be in great condition. I agree, take him for a ride once a week.

13. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Damn nice score! I wish i could have a cool barn find, i dont think there are any barns in so cal though hahah

14. jason65

jason65

Congrats. Awsome looking cars.

15. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

very nice find, the burgundy one has a scratch somewhere, send it to me!:D

16. brady1929

brady1929

17. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

MissBHaven, YOU have a good heart! That old man will probably be delighted beyond words to ride with what he knows to be an APPRECIATIVE new owner of his treasured cars. OBVIOUSLY, the RIGHT person made this barn discovery! CONGRATS, fer shur.

18. MissBHaven,

Wish I could give you an offer on the Chevrolet. That is gorgeous- looks like I could drive it home!

19. sololobo

sololobo

Kudos, to the gentleman you bought them from, for maintaining them so nicely, and then making the ultimate sacrifice when he realized he would not be able to continue the projects. A rare happening for people to give up the dream!! Looks like an exceptional pair of rides. I feel you are being very respectful to the owner and that is so omportant in helping him with his sacrifice. Thanx for the cool post. ~Sololobo~

20. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Love the 'look of the Chevy...

How come it's registered as an Historic Vehicle ??

More pictures in the daylight when you have them.............thanks

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's really decent of you to affer him a ride once they're out.
    Sounds like a reasonable guy, letting them go at 83.
    Better now than having the barn cave in or having his Grandkids inherit them and slash them into Ratrods!

22. flamed34

flamed34

23. chevy3755

chevy3755

see.....there still out there.....

24. BobcatBob

BobcatBob

Thanks for sharing that with us.
    I wish I had an older neighbor like him to spend time with.
    Just think of the stories he could tell....

25. Ghost28

Ghost28

WOW Nice find. Your a lucky guy...John

26. Get someone to video the removal and post it on You tube.

27. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

BobcatBob said: Thanks for sharing that with us.
    I wish I had an older neighbor like him to spend time with.
    Just think of the stories he could tell....

Jimi adds: This is what I love about the HAMB. There are a LOT of tough, hard-working people BUT with soft hearts who really "get it."

Now and then, I see somebody asking how best to talk some old person out of a car. Well, how about first just trying to "identify" with the person -- sit down and rap with him or her about their car. Often, all some older person needs is to KNOW that the car they loved is going to somebody who will love it half as much as they did.

28. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

Cool find and story, But man I don't want to grow old, I'm olny 41 and it's killing me watching my grandma laying in bed slowly passing away, she is 87. Can't someone come up with a pill for this, they have one for everything else out there.