Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Bantam Build - Bantam Speedster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Greg in Jax, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

I don't get on here very much any more, am mostly busy in the garage with multiple projects. Have measurable progress on this Speedster, though. Here are a few shots of its current status. Experimenting with Gibbs brand penetrant to see if I can keep it unpainted or not.

IMG_0261.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_75051.jpg IMG_89821.jpg IMG_89841.jpg SSPX01831.jpg

sloppy jalopies, jerseyboy and rwrj like this.
  2. rwrj

rwrj
    from SW Ga

I really enjoy your builds. I've always wondered if it would be possible to "cold blue" a whole car? Might not be cost effective if you bought the little bottles, but surely the recipe is online somewhere. Something-or-other dioxide, I think.

3. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

So far it looks like the Gibbs might do the job. We have had a lot of rain down here the past week or so, and a lot more coming this week, so I should know pretty soon if it is going to withstand the humidity. I hope so, I like the look. Thanks!

4. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Wow Greg, looks great! The shape and proportions just make me smile.

5. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

Well it was good idea but it was not meant to be. I will be experimenting with different clearcoat/sealers in order to keep the bare metal look without making it look glassy. Can anyone recommend one based upon their experience?

6. rwrj

rwrj
    from SW Ga

You could try "Penetrol" by the Flood company. They sell it at Lowes and Home Depot and such. Its a wipe on product. I'm sure you'd have to reapply it pretty regular.

7. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

Nope, that was going to be the issue with the Gibbs. Looks like it will be painted. Original color was a deep blue and I have a color chip to have it mixed.

warhorseracing likes this.
  8. petegordon40

petegordon40
    from Bartow FL

Please give me a call 863-581-6805 thanks Pete