Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another balmy morning in the sunny south!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Old Heap

Old Heap

I just emailed your avatar to my tarheel (the sickening type) fan wife. :D I'm gonna be cold sleeping outside tonight but well worth it!

2. 57283

Nice pic olchevy! We are getting plenty of snow here too which is rare for us in Jacksonville NC.

3. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Got about 6in of snow here in Cartersville Ga. Haveing a blast sleding with me kids...

4. LOL! Glad to help. You sure did pick a bad time to be outside though! A lot of people's favorite team around here is ABC (anybody but carolina). I can't wait for the hammer to fall in the NCAA investigation of their football program. That school has been dirty for years in some of their athletic departments, but I digress because this isn't the forum for that. Back on topic: as of 5:00pm it's still snowing here and they are still calling for it to change over to all sleet/freezing rain tonight and into Tuesday. What a mess! I just hope the ice doesn't take the power out....
    P.S. Y'all be safe out there..................:)

5. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Snow plowing south of Atlanta today.

Attached Files:

6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Ahh, now comes the sleet and freezing rain to put a nice glaze on top of everything......we may not be much above freezing all week.

7. And unlike the rest of the civilized US, Georgia Dept of Ed doesn't factor snow days into their calendar, sooo...

If we see many more days off from school, like they are predicting, we'll get about a week added to the end of the school year.

yee haw.

8. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Thought I was ahead last night by shoveling the driveway. This morning I have an ice sheet! That ain't good on a steep hill.

9. Topper

Topper

It is also beautiful here in Flowery Branch, Georgia. About 6 inches on the ground and a little ice mixed in for added fun. My garage is heated with no phone. A great day.