Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Another bad wreck involving a hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Very sad to hear this. RIP Condolences to family and friends.

2. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

So sad praying for family

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Praying for Ron and his grandkids, specifically that they would be spared the emotional trauma of having been with him when he experienced what turned out to be fatal injuries. Tell your family you love them every time you see them.

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  4. davidh73750

davidh73750

This is horrible. Prayers for Ron his family and friends. Too much of this is happening this year.

5. So Sad. Via Con Dios!

6. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

CELEBRATION OF LIFE ANNOUNCEMENT
    Ron lived life to the fullest and will be remembered and celebrated the same way. I invite you to join us for a Celebration of Life event to share stories and memories of this wonderful man. Due to the widespread impact that Ron has had, we would like a count of those planning to attend. Please private message Sheena Hickman Fortenbury to let us know you will be there. Thank you again for your prayers and support.

Celebration of Life Event Details
    Saturday, October 8, 2016 from 5:00 to 10:00 pm Open House
    Location is the Machinist Hall located at 12365 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044
    Attire is casual – feel free to wear your favorite Hot Rod clothes

In Lieu of Flowers
    A scholarship fund has been established for our grandchildren due to Ron’s firm belief in the value of higher education. Following are the details: Please make checks out to Holly Hickman and include “Hickman Memorial Fund” in the memo line. Please mail to -- Bank Independent, P.O. Box 5000, Sheffield, AL 356

7. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The possibility of a collision in the roadster is always on the back of my mind when we cruise, but I have to hope that it doesn't happen and not think about it too much. Otherwise, cruising becomes a chore. Hi, Rick. How are you doing? I haven't spoken to you in quite a while. Just wondering if you are attending TROG in Pismo Beach on Oct. 14-15 ? We are heading out the Sunday before the meet. Hope we get to see you and the "sedan". I have heard both pros and cons concerning seatbelts in an open car, and I think I might install them. Being thrown clear of a collision may create its own dangers, but being restrained in a rollover might cause your head to act as a rollbar. Neither scenario sounds survivable. Just don't know. Well, I hope we get to see you in Pismo. I had a really good time when you, Bobby, Joey and I went to lunch in '15. Oh, man. I am just finishing up this read and see where Ron didn't make it. This leaves me speechless; don't want to think about it. Vaya con Dios, fellow rodder.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    jackandeuces likes this.
  8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

9. Judd

Judd

We did a litlle power cruise up country roads Monday a couple were killed on the way back to cruisin the coast regular events by an idiot who pulled out in front of there vw dune buggy. Then yesterday this crack head idiot runs head on into my galaxie driving down the middle of the road with his head up his! He never even hit the brakes thank god it was on a side road with20 mph limit.

Attached Files:

10. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Some people should just not drive so sad Thank God nobody got hurt

11. R.I.P. - at least he was doing what he loved.......