Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Aussie from Sunny Queensland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hoarder1, Dec 27, 2010.

1. hoarder1

hoarder1

Hi there to all the HAMBers.

I've been looking around for a week or two now and thought I should introduce myself. I'm on the calmer side of 40 with a wife and one 3 year old girl who makes it all worthwhile.

Always been interested in old cars and what everyone calls 'nostalgia' these days. Got my first car when I was nine. I've still got the 3rd car I ever bought (had it for almost 25 years now). It's a 1954 FJ Holden.

Got a couple of other cars, and a shed full of 'old stuff' that I like looking at.

I collect license plates (we Aussies call 'em number plates). Almost finished a 1969 USA state run from the year I was born. Trying to get a Dealer plate from each state too.

Love the old pics in the threads on the forum. Hope to contribute where it's warranted and I can sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Here's a pic of me, my brothers and cousins admiring a custom Holden at a 1979 car show. I don't think I fit into those red boardshorts anymore!

Thanks,
    Shayne.

[​IMG]

2. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

welcome from rainy N.S.W

3. Roscoe7

Roscoe7

Welcome; enjoying the weather?

4. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

I was there yesterday and it didnt seem too sunny!!! the torrential downpour must have blocked my view

5. Welcome Shayne, Any little kid (or big kid ) that loves an FJ is bound to end up being a car nut. :D

Attached Files:

• ME,.jpg
      ME,.jpg
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
  6. mcdonald

mcdonald
    from Australia

Welcome to HAMB and from sunny Melbourne not raining Queensland.:):):)

7. badgeree

badgeree

You can add another welcome from Sunny Melbourne. Had a couple of FJ's myself, a Ute and a Sedan. Still kicking myself for selling the Ute.

8. DougHH

DougHH

And a welcome from Newcastle, NSW.. cheers mate ;)

9. Welcome from Connecticut

10. screwball

screwball

welcome from Canada. Can you ship us some global warming its cold up here this time of year.

11. big bad john

big bad john

.....Welcome from Wisconsin......good to have you aboard....enjoy the ride.....Big Bad John

12. Welcome to the H.A.M.B.