Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another "anybody recognize this car" post - '30 Coupster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WC145, Sep 11, 2022.

1. WC145

WC145
    from Maine

After waiting almost 3 years to buy it I picked up this '30 Coupster last weekend. The last owner had no history other than it's been a hot rod for a long time according to the guy he bought it from 7 or 8 years ago. He didn't drive it much and it's been sitting for the last few years after damage from a fire caused by a leaky gas line was repaired. The most unique thing about it (good or bad) is the way the tops of the doors are cut and the pipe that is welded around the edge. The frame is stepped and boxed, obviously it's channeled, the motor is a crate 350 backed by a TH350 and the rear is a 10 bolt Chevy. It's rough and a bit ratty but runs and drives great and is loads of fun. The guy I got it from lives in Rockport, ME. I know it's a long shot, but I'm curious if anyone happens to recognize it or know anything about it, I'd love to know it's history.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AHotRod and anthony myrick like this.
  2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I like it. Has great proportions. Sets perfectly and the worn wood interior is an eye catcher. Cool car.

WC145 likes this.
  3. I’d drive it
    The truck is the bees knees
    Need more pics of it

WC145 likes this.
  4. WC145

WC145
    from Maine

That's our '52 3800 farm truck, it was originally a long bed but it was switched to a flat bed at some point. Except for that it's pretty originalish, other than being converted to 12v. I just fix things as they come along so it's got an alternator, aluminum radiator, new fuel pump, a pertronix ignition module and coil, and a little bling. We use for all the farm chores - hauling hay, feed, animals, trash, etc - it runs great and is ready to go anywhere as long as you don't mind cruising at 45mph.:) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AHotRod, SS327, jaracer and 1 other person like this.

5. Perfect.
    I’d drive that daily

SS327 and WC145 like this.