Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another 63 yr old newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by farmalldan, Sep 4, 2009.

1. farmalldan

farmalldan
    from Duncan, OK

Interestingly, I noticed an earlier post by some other 63-year-old old fellow. I've lurked here for a while, but finally I needed help, so I joined up. I live in Southwest Oklahoma and work as an engineer. I started messing with things mechanical at about age 10 or so. I got my first car, a '54 Ford 2 dr, when I was 15 and drove it through high school. It received an engine swap to a 332 ci Fe engine. BTW, I still have this car, awaiting revival. College, house building, and child rearing took me away from cars for a while. I got involved in old tractors for a while because I was an old farm boy and they didn't have title, wiring, upholstery, or sheet metal problems like cars. But I finally came around to my first love: cars. I decided I wanted to do something with all the various old school parts I had gathered up as a youngster , especially the model T 2 dr body I had owned since high school. So, I'll be hanging around hoping to learn a bit more, and just maybe I can contribute a tidbit of information occasionally. I'll warn you now that not everything I hope to accomplish will be traditional, but I can assure you that there won't be any store bought billet if I can help it.
    Danny

2. brady1929

brady1929

welcome to the hamb

3. Welcome to the Hamb Danny,,,you are just a little older than me but we have a couple of things in common,,,my first car was a 54,,and I am building a 54 now,,,well,for the past 6 years!:rolleyes:

The 2nd thing is we share the same name.:D

Good luck with your old/new found hobby. HRP

4. 343w

343w

What is this a class of 1964 reunion! Welcome to the Hamb my Man, from another 63 yr. old . The Hamb is the plan for us old heads... It beats couch potatoe anytime...

5. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Welcome from Michigan.

6. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

63 years old >have same car that was built 65-67 avatar 1970.........

7. G,day from aussie FARMALLDAN ,63 is fuck all, i,m 64 and back into rodding full on and loving it , the hamb is shithot.