Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another 3w found???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tinmann, Oct 14, 2007.

1. tinmann

tinmann

A good buddy of mine (who just might respond to this posting) just acquired this body as a future project. It's hard to believe, but yes, they're still out there.
    [​IMG]

2. Roupe

Roupe

WOW, maybe someday I'll find one like that!

3. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

your buddy sucks.thats a real nice find

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

COOL FIND ... :D I see a garnish molding ... did he get the deck lid also ??

CONGRATULATIONS ... to your friend ...
    I love it when these old Fords are bought and folks get them back on the road ...

Randy

5. tinmann

tinmann

Rear window garnish is there. No door garnishes. No decklid, but the complete dash with glovebox door is there. He's been looking for a long time ..... and then it fell into his lap.

6. tinmann

tinmann

Look at the condition of the panel below decklid....
    [​IMG]

7. this one is an original Henry just getting ready for black paint, yes they are still out there

Attached Files:

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D :)

Well ... that one is the hardest one to find.
    I see deck lids in Hemmings from time to time. Door garnishes show up on eBay ... :( but usually go for big money.

There is a 3W seat on eBay now ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has the tracks also ... :rolleyes: I would have paid 3 or 4 hundred just for the seat tracks ... a while back ... mine was missing :eek:

[​IMG]

9. Duke

Duke

So what is the story? How did he find it? Did it cost more than a small Island in the Pacific?

10. sledish

sledish

I hate your Buddy ! Jealousy rears its ugly head!

11. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know a guy with a beautiful '32 3-window sitting in his barn not 5-miles from me. I saw it a couple of years ago, but the owner's not interested in selling it or doing anything else with it, I guess. At least it's sleeping warm & dry inside, for now, just waiting..........

I see him every couple of months and mention I'm still interested in it, but he just doesn't want to part with it.

12. tinmann

tinmann

Not much of a story, except he kept looking and sniffing and talking to people...... and when one showed up he didn't hesitate or try to negotiate. Price? Somewhere between what you'd expect to pay for a stick of butter and that small Pacific island.

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

3ws' are soooo boring...:rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

black ones really suck.:D

-danny

15. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

You and alot of people...lolol....

Awesome find and congrats to your friend....Hopefully he wont chop it!

16. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

And Chopped Black ones REALLY REALLY suck HAHA!! Nice looking body,I bet he got it for closer to the stick of butter than the island!

17. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Ya what he said!

Nice find! Now the money spending starts.

What are the plans? chop and channel it, fill the roof and cowl?

18. Guys could learn from that example.

19. Skimmer

Skimmer

They might be out there but there certanly not out here ......nice find n good luck with it

20. alsancle

alsancle

A few years back there was a guy around here that bought a 32 3 window body. Really nice and solid. Complete from the firewall back and unchopped. I was told he paid 25k. Since I was uneducated at the time I thought he was smoking crack. Now that I'm educated I'm still not sure he wasn't smoking something.

21. ez to make it a roadster .. let me know when he tosses that turret out the back door..

22. Drive Em

Drive Em

A friend of mine has a really nice '32 Ford 3 window, and another buddy has one a few miles from my house. There is a final 3 window resting in an alley on the opposite side of town from me. It seems like alot of them are still around.

23. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I think so also.

Every major car show I go to has a least one survivor. At the road agents show there were at least 5 genie 3 windows. There were less 5 windows, I think maybe 2.

24. RoadrunnerRod

RoadrunnerRod

25. uh oh... the final one ... at last :)

26. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Hi, I'm the guy the lucked out on the 3 window. I've been looking for quite some time. I'm not 100% sure on my build style but I'm first going to square-up and repair the body. I still have my 41 Willys to finish up so that will get the most of my attention for a while. I'll post some more pictures as progress continues.

27. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Congrats! Please post some pics during your progess.

I like 3 windows alot!

Do you have the body tag?

28. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Yes they are a unique Ford. I've wanted one forever. I sold a finished all steel 33 3 window 11 years ago and still regret it. I'm not sure about the body tag, where is it located?

29. myke

myke
    from SoCal

It's on the front most subrail crossmember passenger side. It was rivited on.
    Mine was taken off but thanks to deuce roadster telling me about it I was able to get it from the guy I bought it from.

I just noticed the dash in there....I bet the price was closer to the island : )

[​IMG]

30. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I'll check for the number.....A good friend of mine found it and he let me have first chance at buying it. He realized it would have been to much of a project for him. He knows me well and what kind of cars I build. He wants to see it done. Not all people deal in the all mighty buck. This hobby used to be a lot more about friendships.