Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another 32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harvey Mushman, Jun 22, 2008.

1. I was surfing around last night and I stumbled onto this ad for a 32 Ford 3 Window. I did not find anything on the HAMB about it, so I thoughy I would share it with you all. It was not priced but I am sure it sold for big money. Maybe even to someone on here. I am sure someone has more info about this treasure.

This is the description that was in the ad.

1932 Ford 3 window Coupe This 32 Ford coupe was built in the 1950s by a man in East. Greenwich RI. He bought the car from the original owner a doctor in town and because of his wealthy background bought the best of the best speed equipment of the time. The engine with its Ardun heads special race cam and stroked crankshaft and 4 -94 carbs .It was built by an engine builder in California who built engines for Bonneville putting out 300hp. The rear end is a Halibrand quick change and the trans is a 48 ford with Zephyr gears. The brakes backing plates and drums are 41 Lincoln with holes drilled and air scoops installed. The amazing story is that the mans wife got so fed up with his love for this car that in 1958 she took the keys out of the car and tossed them into the nearby pond. The car never moved again from that spot in the barn. we purchased the car in 2005 from that spot and left it untouched . It is amazing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <!-- Increment Dealer View Count --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var dealer_pars = 'cf_id=606181';var dealerAjax = new Ajax.Request( '/util/increment_view_count', { method: 'post', parameters: dealer_pars });</SCRIPT><!-- End Increment Dealer View Count -->

2. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Thats Pissah,I wouldnt mind owning it.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

Holy Moely !

On closer inspection,........ the paint on the engine looks to be in extremely nice condition, the tires are new and the hose clamps and hoses look new,..... so much for "left it untouched"

4. McFly

McFly

I'm not sure...but I believe this hotrod has graced this board before. Many many moons ago. Anyone else remember?

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Unreal it's like the Holy grail, all the right parts in one place just like a Christmas/wish list realized in one place Truly amazing.

6. That thing was posted here a year or so ago.... seems like it was at some Michigan show.

All the "best parts" on the same car just kill it for me... and even the bullshit story isn't enough to make up for the fact that the headlights are as ugly as a man's ass.

JH

7. Tony

Tony

HOE-LEE-SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is a true piece of history right there!
    to change that car now would be so sad..
    Great car!

edit: i didn't even see the headlight's.too caught up in the mill :D
    never liked them, on anything...so those i'd change..:)
    ugly as a mans ass is hysterical to me..

8. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Very cool.....The guy should have got a new wife if she didn't like the car......

9. Sorry if it is a repost. LOL. ugly as a man's ass.:eek:

10. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

"I dunno guys...I'd sure like to take ya for a ride in this car, but my wife threw the keys in the pond a while back. Ain't figured out how to get it to run again since then, so here it sits."

:rolleyes:

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why is the paint on the motor pristine while everything else is old and weatherd?
    The story reeks of so much bullshit I need to turn off my computer to clear the smell.
    I seem to remember reading in a mag that it was recently built (In the last two years) from a pristine barn find car.

12. metalshapes

metalshapes

Try this... :)

Attached Files:

13. Very cool car indeed.

14. Neat car.....stupid story

15. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yep... I love the car...

16. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

I saw it for sale in Hemmings for sale by a dealer a few months ago. There were some undercarrige shots in the ad and the chassis definitely did not look like a recent build. So some of the "story" may or may not be bull. Story aside whats not to like about this thing.....other than the headlights.

Heres the link
    http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ford/unspecified/606181.html

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree though, one super sweet car!

18. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Total bullshit story, I remember this 32 being posted on here before.

19. turdytoo

turdytoo

It's got to be "gold chainer bait" cause nobody cool enough to round up all the neat stuff on that car would have put those garbage can headlights on it.

20. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

21. hemifarris

hemifarris

I totally agree, especially regarding the headlights! ...Mike :cool:

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Knew it, that thing just didnt look right. Sure the base car was a barn fing but the driveline was added recently. It was from an old drag car, so I guessits all barn find, just multiple events.....

Still, I do love it even with the man arse on the front, d get rid ofthem and put some hot chick arse original ones on!

23. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Here's a few shots I took at the Road Agents show last year. The car didn't flip my switch. The paint is cool but that's about it. Manny Dragone's got the car, don't panic he's not giving it away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Whats with the freeking ET headlights. Has to be the biggest BUTT UGLY headlights I ever seen. Remember some guys can fu*k-up a two car funeral.

25. hemifarris

hemifarris

Those headlights are, in fact, ugly. He probably keeps them because they're rare E&J's and worth about $2000.00 and they, along with the Ardun heads make some guys go ga ga. I'd love to have the heads though, for my roadster......Mike

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I don't understand the need for the BS folklore.....

Great car regardless.

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

The folklore, if substantionated by paperwork, adds a lot of money to the sales value of the car.Unfortunately, this one has too many upgrades (newer parts)to be an authentic find.