Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another 2 lane blacktop chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Driveway builder, Mar 24, 2015.

1. nice job man, I love it!

2. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Your 55 is spot on, drove my gasser a few times on the street without the helmet at it was a noise maker

But like you say it is a RACE CAR, one nite in 60' I was riding around in Larry Dixon sr's green 55' 2 dr that he ran C/gas with

He had bought a set of 512 Getz rear end gears, and they were wearing out and the whine they made was getting pretty loud

So along with the engine - exhaust and rear end you had to yell pretty loud to be heard , but it was a real racer from the 60's cruising Bob's in Van Nuys and that was the deal back then

Street racing & chasing skirts in our tri 5 chevys , I had a 301 57' Bel air hardtop that was a bit noisy too

What kind of times are you getting with your 55 ? or have you ran it at the strip yet

Those were great days, G Don

legion likes this.
  3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Who are you calling bad actors, it's the most quarkie (sp?) movie I ever saw, and the full time creeped me out, but the two lads in the 55 seams good enough to me

And so does your car! You did good and I hope you enjoy if as much as I enjoyed the movie!!

I better check the jets.

Driveway builder likes this.
  4. Volvo - Just looked, GTO (Warren Oates) was a ''real'' actor. Thought he did a good job playing a total bullshitter. Now I realize why the Drill Instructor in "Stripes'' looked so familiar.
    James Taylor is the only one of the stars in the film still alive.
    Drivewaybuilder - hope to see you at the Showdown next week!

volvobrynk and Driveway builder like this.
  5. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Cool, see you there! Change of plans on driving my Chevy... I got a spot in the roadster class on the track. So as much as I want to take the Chevy, there is not very many opportunities to get to drive on a race track. But I will be taking the Chevy to every other show this year! Stop and say Hi, I have the number 7 Willys roadster. image.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hey, I knew he was an " real" actor, and I've seen him before. But that character is just creepy to me, or maybe more like a smock (sp?). He lies, bracks, boost and likes him self to much. It might be the bullshitter that takes him self to serious, that just bugs me.
    The two other guy, the driver and the mechanic, is just two very hardcore car guys.

Yes, I saw Jim Taylor and The second movie car reunited, and he looked so happy.

7. bezerker

bezerker
    from denver, co

Driveway.... Your car looks awesome! Wonder if you could give some details on how you radiused the wheel wells, and what you used for the lip (flair)? Thanks, Jeff

8. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

I couldn't tell you... They were done when I bought the car. The car has always been a race car. Since the early 60's anyway. Here is what it once looked like in its hey day . image.jpg

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  9. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Check out the Cadillac for a tow car... And here is a couple more pics. image.jpg

55 Ford Gasser likes this.