Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****Annual All Deuce Run - Now with photos****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 30, 2014.

1. Looks like we are the first to roll into the hotel,,I sure hope a few more guys show up this evening,there are a good many guys that go on the run that live in the area and I imagine they will show up at the Lone Star for dinner. .HRP

001.JPG

This one showed up a few minutes ago,the car is from Florida.

Ron Hickman's coupe.

011.JPG

007.JPG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    loudbang and Al Consoli like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics

3. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I'm waiting to see if Harry shows up. Is he going to be in his car or did you take pity on him and let him drive the pickup? Have fun and be careless!

4. I'm afraid Harry is a no show this year.

A few more stragglers.. HRP

Owners name is Ken (32 Drifter) and his riding partner is also Ken.

010.JPG

This car belongs to Ralph.

009.JPG

Last edited: May 30, 2014

5. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Danny, ya'll be carefull n have fun. Hope the weather holds for ya.

6. And on his way to points west, with LARS bein his final destination.

7. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Poor Harry. Its pouring here, hope you guys miss it and have a good drive. Looking forward to more pics. Thanks.

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks as tho everyone still likes my LAR "Headlight stickers"!!---Don

9. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Red&Black 3/window is 32 on the flyer...

10. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny, where are y'all and what time do you shove off? The search function is screwed up and I can't find that info. I may drive down in the morning.
    Thanks
    Rock

11. Jack thought you were coming this year since you weren't going to York. HRP

12. Bob,It started raining around 4:00 PM and it is still raining,,a lot of us met at the Lone Star and some of the guys braved the rain in topless roadsters.HRP

13. My old sedan and Tom T's car. HRP 024.JPG 031.JPG

14. Due to all the rain I didn't get anymore photos tonight. HRP

15. We are meeting at the Target Shopping Center in Cornelius in the morning,,leaving by 10 AM,,,Come by early and met some of the guys. HRP

16. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Hopefully it'll clear up by morning. And you know how roadster guys are. They are a special breed. Bonus points if one of them installed a rain gauge for the trip. That way they can say "it rained XXX inches and we still made the run!" LOL!

17. Do me a favor if you would please. I'm not wanting to irritate anyone but I've often wonderd how many of the deuces at that gathering were made when Henry was still alive? You know them as good as anyone, percentage wise how many are over 80 years old.

18. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Man!...wish I could participate!,,,working on finishing new shop....so I can finish my '32!!!....we'll see you guys next year!!!!.....hey!...Tom!.....see you soon!.....

20. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

We didn't make it, I got the engine in but it's got a few gremlins and I still have to break it in bit before I take it any distance.

If Danny had let me drive the pickup he might not get it back. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rex_A_Lott likes this.
  21. Gentleman by the name of Birch drove his Roadster to our designated dining spot last night in the pouring rain holding a umbrella with one hand and the steering wheel with the other,,needless to say the umbrella failed,he was staying at our headquarters motel. 005.JPG

Barry got to the motel late last night (I know it's not hamb friendly)but alt least he did drive the car was driven from Connecticut .
    002.JPG

22. Getting everyone loaded up we were off on the short 10 mile ride to met everyone at the Target Shopping Center in Cornelius,North Carolina.

Now before someone beats me to it,I led our merry band down the interstate in the wrong direction o_O so our 10 mile trip was a little further than it was suppose to.

Good thing friends new & old have a sense of humor.

We arrive at the designated meeting spot with plenty of time to spare,, Jeffrey James & his two adorable kids came by to see us off.

Total count this year was 31 roadster,sedans,3 & 5 window coupes,a cabriolet and a deuce pickup.

No rain fell today,the weather was a little over cast,,it was perfect.

It's gonna take some time to post the point and shot photos that Brenda & I take but be sure Tom(Seadog) will be posting some of his incredible photos.

These photos are from our starting point this morning.HRP 011.JPG 007.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG 021.JPG

001.JPG

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  23. Here are some photos from today. The weather turned out fine, a little cloudy on the BR Parkway, but all in all a nice day. I had a great time. Lot's of people had cameras so post 'em up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of what I shot is here http://tombo.smugmug.com/2014-All-Deuce-Run/

Merlin and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

:)Thanks for posting up the pics, guys.

25. Great pics, great time, great fun - thanks to all who made it happen!

26. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Great pics guys thanks for sharing them.

27. Very nice pictures. Looks like a good time. Thanks for posting the the link for all the pictures.

28. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

First off, Birch is a true roadster guy. Hoorah Birch! Looks like ya'll had a blast as usual.

29. zoomma

zoomma

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.
    Hope you all had a great time.

30. This is Tom,capturing the images of the All Deuce Run 2014.
    078.JPG

006.JPG 033.JPG

This painted sign is just some of the interesting sights along the way.
    062.JPG