Register now to get rid of these ads!

annnnnnnd Im officailly registered.....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mustangmike6996, Apr 7, 2013.

1. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

Whats up guys and gals

Ive been a long-time lurker on here and finally decided to register. A bit about myself, Im currently active duty USMC and ASE Master Certified. Ive got a 69 mustang and a 51 F1. I have had the mustang since i turned 16 (still a work in progress) the F1 was my grandpas back about 20 years ago until he signed the title over to me because of my interest in it. We drove it home from around the block when i was 6. it got moved out of the garage when i bought my 69 stang and pushed to the side of the house... so when i was home in December i decided to move it from the side of my grandmas house to my garage a town away. My grandpa passed away christmas morning (a few days after i moved the truck from the house) and it really brought back my motivation to get my butt in gear and finish my projects. the mustang is ALLLLLLL new except the roof and drivers 1/4 panel (way more of a project than i thought it was going to be when i bought it)

Anyway, ran across many threads about the crown vic suspension swaps and decided i was going to do something a tad bit different. i love the idea of a big block truck but i wanted a mod motor.. so i just bought a 99 4.6l cobra engine with all forged internals and im looking for a crown vic front end currently.

so here i am now... the rest of the parts are still in safe keeping in the attic. there arent too many things that i will need to actually get it back on the road.

Attached Files:

2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit.

Thanks for your service

3. Welcome from CT!

4. Mike, welcome from Kansas City...don't go into too much on your '69 as it's an Off Topic (OT) vehicle, the '51 would fit in great. As for the engine swap, not what most would consider HAMB friendly...this is more of a traditional hot rod / custom site with vintage engines etc.

Any progress pics to post of the '51 to share with us?

5. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

well i was going to use the original flathead but the block is cracked in too many spots to be repairable... it was super cheap to get the mod motor. I know this is more traditional hot rodding oriented (which is what i love) i didnt want to put a small block v8 in the truck because there are sooooo many of those swaps already done. and i will for sure post up pics of progress.

6. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Tulsa, OK. Good luck on your projects.

7. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

Still continuing to gather parts.

So far I have my DOHC cobra engine (still needs to be assembled) picked up a Tremec 3650 5 speed, Explorer 8.8 with track lock and disc brakes, 04 Crown vic IFS that i will be narrowing and some used longtube headers.

im on my way to picking up some body parts once i can find some for a good price.

8. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Welcome from South Korea! I wouldn't worry too much about the Engine on here there are many using newer motors in older trucks. As long as its a Ford V8 I think its cool in a F1. Glad to see more Active Duty-Auto enthusiasts here too ;).

9. Welcome Mike! Thanks for your service. Camp Pendleton is my neighbor and where I live, we love our Marines. Good luck with your grandpa's F1.

10. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

Aaaaand welcome!