Register now to get rid of these ads!

Annette Funicello T-Bird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A.D.D., Apr 10, 2013.

1. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

Just out of curiosity, with the passing of Annette Funicello, does anyone know the history of this '57 Thunderbird?

Very cool mild custom (looks nosed) and the paint SCREAMS Larry Watson.

Attached Files:

2. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Beautiful car and an equally beautiful
    and classy lady to match....now sadly
    gone.(RIP Annette Funicello) About
    the car...I can't help but wonder if,
    'back in the day', she too had "Fun,
    fun, fun" with it "til her daddy took
    the T-Bird away
    "?? Hmm??? (Sorry, I
    couldn't resist :D)

Mart3406
    ===================

3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Yes, It was a Watson paint job. I bet Rikster has it covered on his site under Watson cars.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

From 'Watson's Custom Car Confessions' by Thom Taylor and Larry Watson,

"Though the Brougham was Watson's dream car... He put the Brougham in a dealer's show room on La Brea in LA. One of Watson's customers; Paul, saw it and suggested he might have a friend whose daughter was looking for just such a car...."

this car:
    [​IMG]

"...So Paul and Watson drove out to Encino, where two beautiful girls were waiting to see Watson's dream car. Watson handed the keys to the girls, and while they were out testing the Cad, Watson talked to Joe, one of the girl's father, who was head mechanic at a local Cadillac dealer... When Joe's daughter returned she wanted the car, but Joe told her it wasn't the car for her..."

"The next day Watson brought the Brougham to Encino and Joe Funicello put the Cad in the showroom. Annette eventually purchased a 1957 T-Bird that she had Watson paint candy purple with a lavendar metal flake top."

5. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

That T-bird is awesome.

6. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

Thanks!

I thought it looked like Watson for sure the first time I saw it (and the first time I saw it was day before yesterday!)

Bitchin car. I wonder why more guys don't build stuff like that? Nosed, decked, shaved and the rest is STOCK...wrapped in a beautiful paint job. Interior looks cool too----white and maybe Purple/ white 2 tone? Can't see in that crappy little pic.

Chrome reverse wheels with spinners it looks like?

Cool, cool car....and SIMPLE.

The only thing I would change on that car would be a silver metal flake or pearl or something top...and all white 1 " pleated interior (the lavender top is cool for a chick).

DAMN. Now I want a '57 Bird. How cool if that was factory supercharged?

7. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

I mighta wanted to knock that old fart off his chair for doing that to the interior of the RED supposed Annette Funicello T-bird in the video................................

8. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

All the above true , the other girl was Shelley Fabares,from the Donna Reed show, she also had a hit record "Johnny Angel" So Annette & Shelley TV stars & teenage singers

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  9. Fenders

Fenders

Shelley Fabares.

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

dang,how many of us older guys didn't have a crush on these girls.........er...uh..car.i meant car