Register now to get rid of these ads!

Andy Griffith show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, May 18, 2009.

1. sloppy-ollies

sloppy-ollies
    from Jersey

This episode was on the other night. Unfortunately I think little bastards like that are a common thing nowadays. Liberal parents let there kids get away with murder. Soon enough these brats will be CEOs and politicians running our country. Sad sad sad.

2. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

ANY parents letting their kids go wrong...unfortunately,it's the parent's fault,no matter their beliefs or,uhh,affiliations.)
    Don't want this great thread closed with the "P" word!
    It was a gentler,slower,more fun,more respectful era.

Howzabout that 6? Ford patrol car? I always liked how they slid across the seat and exited out the passenger side door!

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I still watch them alot On TV land Jack Nicholson was in a couple of episodes too. But My Favorite character is Earnist T Bass by far

4. Tonight Brisco, the boys and Charlene w/child pull into town in Brisco's flat bed model AA with the boy's stereo blasting full bore.
    Did you check out the eye candy parked at the curb and all the other cruisers going by?
    '55 Ford 2 dr. post, a minty looking ''58 Fairlane 2 dr. post, various '57 Fairlanes,and some cool Comet too.
    I wanna go back in my time machine and buy up all those Fords.
    You guys are right, the back ground is more interesting than most other shows of that era.
    Andy did Fords, Superman did Nash automobiles and Bonanza was big into Chevrolets.
    Who did Olds, Pontiacs and some of the other American greats?

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Mr Ed had Studebakers?
    Ironic as they went full circle!

6. Dontiac

Dontiac

Pontiac did "I Dream of Jeannie" and "My 3 Sons"

7. %%%% He was a hoot but some how I keep having flashbacks of Otis Campbell >>>>.

8. Chrysler sponsored the Beverly Hillbillies, and Ms Hathaway always drove a big Chrysler convertible, but the Clampett's truck was built from an early '20s Oldsmobile touring car.

9. I wonder how the producer and the sponsors let a '62 Rambler American slip into the script tonight?
    This evening's feature had Goober disassembling and reassembling the Rambler (TWICE) inside the court house.
    I liked the part when he had the little mill on it's own test stand purring away.
    If the H.A.M.B. was a show sponsor would Goober have reinstalled the stock Rambler engine?
    Hell no!
    We'd be stuffing a nice 406" with tri power and a four speed in her maybe or would it have been maybe a Packard 352" with a blower.
    I can just see Goober saying........."Hey Andy, wanna see me slip a straight axle under this next?"