Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects and yet another 53 chevy build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin Can, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

the car is awesome!!!!!!! can't wait to see more updates!

2. Tin Can

Tin Can

Got the grill all put togeather this weekend. Now to the next project of the seats. Got them all modified for the new floor driveshaft tunnel, painted the frames and ready to get refoamed and recovered. I got new covers from Automotive interiors.com. After the seat covers are all done the next project is to go through the engine, and I am still working on the bodywork on the car too.

Attached Files:

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

Small update. Got the doors and trunk lid in primer this weekend. ALso got the rear section of the roof roughed in and primered. Time to finish stripping the door jams this week so I can get the rebuilt door hinges on, let the car back on the ground and hang the doors and the decklid and adjust the gaps

Attached Files:

4. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

man you are building a beast.
    keep up the great work.
    i love the color of the frame

5. Sweet ride, nice tip on the hinges.

6. jefferyallenvest

jefferyallenvest
    from ohio

nice ride,rock on brother!

7. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Did you raise the rear wheel wells? or are you running smaller dia. tires? I have the gambino kit on mine and I'm in the process of making more clearance to run the stock G78-15's. Looks like I have to go 3+ inches to get the tires not to rub. Just wondering if you ran into that as well?

Jon

8. Tin Can

Tin Can

I did not raise my rear wheel wells. I curently have a set of 205 70 15's on it that I picked up cheap at a swapmeet. Will probabally run a 670 15 bias

9. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Cool man! Thanks for the quick reply. Your build looks awesome!

Jon

10. Tin Can

Tin Can

Thanks Simple. I need to get back to the shop and get going on it again.

11. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Yep, I hear that!. Just got my 327 running in my chassis, now the suspension, brakes, motor/trans and chassis are complete. Now its time for body work, chop, and more body work. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. The 327 coming to life has given me some much needed motivation.

There is ALOT of work involved, its so easy to take a week off, which turns to a month, then a year!

- Jon

12. Tin Can

Tin Can

I got the seats all done today. Seat covers are from Automotive interiors.com. I had really good luck with their customer service there. It looks like the color I picked for the outside of the car matches the seat covers really good too.

Attached Files:

13. jefferyallenvest

jefferyallenvest
    from ohio

thats cool, seats , sweet thanks,nice ride

14. usmile4

usmile4

Those seats look great. I'm going to have to get out to see you when I get out your way the net time.

15. Tin Can

Tin Can

A little update on the car. The bodywork is getting close to primer thanks to by buddy truckedup29 working on the quarters for me. Got the passenger door adjusted, figured out my drivers side upper hinge is mutilated beyond being able to get the door adjusted so am workin on getting a different one.

Next steps are finish up the bodywork, get the dash flowed into the doors and work the garnish moldings.

Attached Files:

16. moter

moter

Looks good. I have 53 that i will be starting on soon. Question for ya, i see in one of the picture you have the upper control arms going thru the floor board into the passenger compartment. Is this sealed off from the outside? Also where the rear floorboard is flat then goes to the lower panel..floor..how was this made? Kinda hard to see from the pics. Thanks

17. Tin Can

Tin Can

The upper rear 4 link bars are not sealed off from the outside right now. My uncle came up with the idea of using an emergincy brake boot to seal off the upper bars to the floor and it will be flexible and not impede on the movement. Figure I will try this sometime if I find a couple of boots at a junkyard.

As for the floor are you talking about the panel that goes under the rar seat?

18. Man that thing is turning out good!! If you are going to the pileup stop by and introduce yourself Id like to meet.

19. Sorry that sounded kinda gay, stop by and we can talk cars.

20. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking really good man. Makes me want to work more on mine! I drove it it work today, and now it's raining.. So put windshield wipers on yours. ;)

21. moter

moter

Good idea

Yes

22. Tin Can

Tin Can

The panel under the seat was rolled an arc on a large tube i keep around the shop. I think the stock one is arched like this too. After i cut out the old pan and installed the 4 link I made a posterboard template and moved the reared in the full motion to get the slots for the upper bars. I hope this is what you were lookin for

23. Tin Can

Tin Can

I scored a set of drivers side hinges today from another HAMB member. Hope I can get them and get the drivers door adjusted this weekend.

24. clinthull

clinthull

25. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

would you get this thing in primer already maybe this weekend...jones

26. cruiser51

cruiser51

car looks killer. im in the process of building a 53 to. cant wate to get my frame looking like yours. cool build lets see some more progess pics.

27. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

car looks sick bro!!! keep up the good work!

28. Tin Can

Tin Can

Got some stands made for the car and got it up in the air to button up the body work on the lower portion. Should have the body in primer in the next week or 2. Im extremelly slow with bodywork, and been workin on a couple other projects around the shop recently

Attached Files:

29. Tin Can

Tin Can

The car has seen daylight for the first time in 2 years today. Got rolled into the paint booth today for a primer session

Attached Files: