Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs And we finally build a new Dash in the Chevy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kuztomklaus, Aug 7, 2009.

1. After a long time dreaming about it and quite some time planning this build, it was kinda surprising to me that we hit so many bumps on the road! One thing is having it perfect in theory and on paper, another is to have it in reality, I have certainly learned that!
    It all started one cold spring morning in Cowtown NJ, where we found a '54 Ford Dash for a bargain!
    Then the planning started! Our old dash, filled with fabulous signatures had to go! (Up on the wall in the garage) and the new one customized.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then it was time to cut, move stuff around and weld.
    [​IMG]
    Until it was ready for Cindy to do her magic with some lead filling!
    [​IMG]
    The new dome for the speedo is made from a late 30's Chevy headlight bucket, trash picked after a swapmeet. That's a price you can't beat! Gotta love the fact that one man's trash is another man's treasure!
    [​IMG]
    Now it's starting to come together. Time to add some gauges in the bottom of the dash.
    [​IMG]
    Starting to see the light in the end of the tunnel.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see we're also working on a new wiring harness from Easy Wiring. I have to say that the company name in kinda false advertising, 'cause there is nothing easy about it (if you don't know the first thing about wiring, that is!)
    [​IMG]
    There you have it! The finished product.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. i love it!! nice work