Register now to get rid of these ads!

,,,AND IN THIS CORNER...WEIGHING LESS THAN 1400lbs...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Jun 19, 2006.

1. kentucky

kentucky

I think that's a good plan. As more cars get builtsome people are going to step up and spend some dough to go fast, and other people are going to go as cheap as possible. Either way sounds good to me. It will be cool to have a class that people can build a basic car and run a junkyard engine in just for giggles. As long as they stick to the chassis rules they can step up later on and run a more expensive engine in search of lower et's...that is the point anyhow, correct:)

2. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

The 4 bbl is a 1962 rochester. As far as I can tell, that conforms with the rules.....Am I wrong?

3. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

ya, I love them with the wide whites. :D I'll be quiet about them.:eek::D

4. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

As for making an intake.....I thought using a boneyard intake would be more in the 'spirit' than paying someone to make me an intake. I guess I could try and make my own, but that seems a bit beyond my skills.

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...I don't get it. Last year Randman and Recycler brought their flathead powered car that had an after-market 4-barrel intake with a late 50's period Motorcraft 4-barrel carb, and they were alowed to run. What's the difference in that and an after-market 4-barrel intake with a period 4-barrel carb for a slant 6?...no I'm not tryin' to start somethin'...

6. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

......go get 'em larry!!:D

7. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

so the next step i guess would be to come up with a new signature:rolleyes:

8. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

ok, new sig. :D

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I went back looking for the no four barrels and couldn't find anything other than..............

Looks like a period correct four barrel is OK.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...and who gave this POS car a 5 star rating?...:eek: :D...and where's Randman, Recycler, Mr.Mac, Bob Hindman, REJ, Rodan, and the other Hambster owners?...

11. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

That is SICK! I can't wait to see it this summer, that is one killer looking car!

12. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Im here, Just reading all the BS and laughing my ass off.:D :D :D

13. Godzilla

Godzilla

Rules....they are just guidelines anyway......right? What's the real issue here...someone scared of being beat on the track...bring it on. I won't cry if you beat me if you don't cry if my HAMBstermonster beats you...OK?

Lets just race safely and have fun. Lets see if one of us can smoke their rear tires the entire 1/4 mile. Now that sounds like fun.............I'm in.

14. QQMOON

QQMOON

Very cool indeeed

15. What I meant to say was no "modern" 4 barrel carbs... boy, you guys go from zero to 100 faster than your rail-jobs do! :)

Sam.

16. That's exacly right!

BTW, one of the things I've seen that might be a good idea to add to these cars is some adequate back and neck protection. A couple cross bars behind the seat and a head rest will suffice... 3WLarry, I can't remember, do you guys run head rests?

Sam.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...I'll bet you liked to pull the wings off flies when you were a kid, huh?...:p :D

18. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

as far as the HORNETS are concened bring it on the more the merrier

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...yes we do Sam...

Attached Files:

20. Whakinna back protection is there? Two horizontal bars? Verticle? Both?

Sam.

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

not sure on the "Ark Boy's racing" team.........but, I am sure that smile could save them a little bit..

[​IMG]

23. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

You can only have so much protection in these cars a keep the look of the fifties. What you see in the Ram Rods car is it,the head rest,bars and the back of the seat.

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...Shawn just called and said he put the rochester 4-jet carb I loaned him on the car and it runs like a raped ape now...I told him if'n he beats us, I'm takin' the carb back...:eek: :D

25. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

well, I guess you better make plans to come get the carb back! 'cause I am going to beat you guys BAD!!!:D:D:D

26. Godzilla

Godzilla

I am putting a diagonal bar behind the seat and I bought some molly tubing to build a head rest (al la my "Tulsa heros"). My son bought me a neck support for Father's day and I have ordered arm restraints and gloves to go with the Simpson suit. Call NASA and tell them I am suited up and ready for the next shuttle launching.

It is my opinion that the 11.99 mark set by IHRA at the Tulsa track is probably a smart, safe and a realistic goal for these little cars. At 1200-1500 lbs it would be very easy to make them much quicker than that with say 400 hp and a different rear tire.

Here are some of my thoughts- for what they are worth:
    The HAMB drags, as we all know, are wide open for run-what-you-brung. But the opportunity we have at hand to run at GoodGuys events will necessate that we have a set of rules that each car can meet. The first time we squabble among ourselves at one of these meets because "this car is running this or that"...they will send us all packing.

If the rules need to say that a particular type of engine block...unchanged in design from 58 to 78 can be run...then, in my opinion, it needs to state that specifically and clearly in the rules. If the rules are going to say no engine blocks can be date coded after 1961...then you don't make an exception. The rules must be consistently applied.

I want everyone who runs against Rodan to know that it will make it from point A to point B without me loosing control...having a mechanical failure that will endanger both of us or spitting an engine part out in your face because I am expecting too much from it. Its what I ask in return. When we are done racing I want both of us to be smiling...............

27. Godzilla

Godzilla

The little bastards quit flying when you do that.

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...note to self...remind Mr.Mac that he is in charge of tech when Rodan shows up at Tulsa...:eek: ;)

29. Godzilla

Godzilla

All chevy thru and thru...the Hornet car is my roll model. Even the air in the tires is from 1955.

30. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...I don't recall seein' pics of your ride there Godzirra...got any handy?...