Register now to get rid of these ads!

An Update From The Store...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, so who wants one of these fucking tool boxes now????? :)

2. More all the time!

You couldn’t make that shit up.

chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just spit-balling here!
    I figure the boxes are worth an easy $100.00 each plus an extra $50.00 to $60.00 for shipping. That is without any special tag or emblem. With a tag or emblem, add another $20.00
    And yes I would like one!

I base those figures on the fact, that they are NOS, that there is only a limited supply of them, and the fact that they have a significant meaning to those of us on the H.A.M.B. that really like that cool old WW-2 related material!

Edit update.
    Today the H.A.M.B. stickers I ordered, finally showed up in the mail ! IF and WHEN, these cool vintage 1957 Tool Boxes are ready to be sold to the HAMBERS, I know where at least one of these cool stickers is going to wind up !
    Thanks @Ryan !
    HAMB Stickers.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still do . It will look good in the trunk of Annie the 57 Fairlane 500 four door . It will complement the tree trunk in the front bumper nicely .

chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  5. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Well, shit.

OF COURSE!! :D

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan incognito dressed in a blue disguise buying the tool boxes......

7. Crazy story

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  8. If only that the guy that sold them boxes to Ryan, knew how famous and desirable these tool boxes will become, NOW that they will become H.A.M.B. swag.

9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gee Ryan, they look like they're stacked a little close to the edge of the loft. Kinda make me think of some "roof repair" from a similar situation:eek:

...and I too could benefit from one of those tool boxes:D. (brown nosing doesn't seem to be working...I'll try for pity)
    [​IMG]

10. So, it looks like if the paper trail is non-existent and everyone keeps quiet, purchasing one of these might actually not result in a one-way ticket to Leavenworth!:eek::D

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Makes perfect sense that a story like that with those strange scary weirdo individuals would start out from an ad on that shit hole website Facebook.....

when you factor in risk of life and limb making the deal, I can see the cost of one of these in the thousand dollar range.....

12. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You meet the most fascinating people on Facebook... I use it exclusively to keep an eye on the marketplace and a few parts groups. Occasionally some non-car related antique something or other comes up that grabs my attention. There is often some (mis)adventure involved. I have been attacked by a dog, had a gun pointed at me, taken my truck on ATV trails, hiked hours into the back hills, been in a fistfight, counseled a marriage and had the bomb squad visit my house, all over marketplace meetups and almost never in the name of anything nearly worth the trouble I end up getting into.

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can put me down for a tool box, Ryan old buddy, old pal, fellow Texan !

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  14. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

VANDENPLAS, do you have the can of your avatar for sale ? I'd REALLY like to buy at least one from you. If not, maybe you could start marketing them. Those will sell quickly.

chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  15. @Gary Addcox just a pic I found online . But I think it’s pretty neat !!!

lothiandon1940 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.