Register now to get rid of these ads!

an to 48 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sko_ford, Sep 19, 2010.

1. so I know I'm not the frirst guy to need to run stainless hoses to a 48 ford wheel cylender. The problem is all the hose ends I've found are too short on the 7/16ths side of the end and won't seat on the inverted flare in the wheel cylender. Does anyone know of a -4 an to 7/16 ifm end that is atleast 3/4 inch long

2. any one on the day shift?

3. not even a smart ass comment?

4. i'm not sure why the threads need to be 3/4" long. are you talking about rear wheel cylinders? on the `40 ford front brakes on my current project i got the adapters from 7/16-20 to 3AN from Pure Choice Motorsports

5. it is the fronts and the shorter ones won't seat int the wheel cylender

6. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

Hmmm...
    I just looked at my cylinders...mine don't seem to be bored that deep for the fitting.
    Are they rebuilt or new? Maybe re-bored to clean up the seat?

7. I go them from joblot probly reaman'd

8. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I did a quick search from a few sources, and didn't turn up anything any longer than standard (which is maybe 1/2,if that, going off memory). I'd try a local hydraulic supplier, if you have one. It may even be possible to use a banjo-style fitting, as I'm pretty sure you could get a bajo bolt long enough. I'm not familiar enough with your particular wheel cylinder to say for sure, though.

9. the front wheel cylinders shouldn't have the seat for the inverted flare , just the threaded bore of 7/16-20. a copper crush washer is used to seal