Register now to get rid of these ads!

An Iowan who is out standing in his field

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by carmak, Aug 9, 2005.

1. carmak

carmak

Hello all! Greetings from rural Iowa. My wife and I are both into the many forms of traditional kustoms as well as fairly stock restorations.

My wife has a 57 Coupe Deville with some mild mods (lost some of the really expensive emblems and added chrome reverse wheels). I'm just the onboard mechanic. My wife has been working on the Cad all spring and summer and hopes to have it done this fall in time for Hunnert. I have a very cool wife!

I have a fleet of Full size iron that is just north of the cut off date for traditional rods. I have a 65 Chrysler T&C wagon, 66 Newport 4drHT, 67 Imperial convertible, 67 Bonneville Ambulance and a 69 Bonneville convertible. I also have a 68 Coronet 500 convertible and 440 wagon as token small cars. The 65 wagon and the 67 Ambulance are mild kustom projects. The 68 wagon is a fun hot rod with a mild 440 and 3.23 gears. My back yard is a private collection of around 50 cars that serve as parts cars for my projects and some storage for friends. Did I mention I have a very cool wife!

I also truly love building model cars. I am a member of KKIM (Kustom Kemps in Miniature) in Davenport, IA.

I really enjoy the people involved in traditional rods and the creativity involved without the need for big $$$.

See ya on the road.

Craig (Carmak)

2. MightyHerc

MightyHerc

How you doin? It sounds like your wife is really cool and has a car that fits the age limit here on the hamb. My only questions are , why did she not fill out an intro and why is she puttin up with your crap. Just kidden, welcome to the hamb and post some pictures of all those cars. Sean Oh by the way, say hello to Radar for me over there in Utumwa. Just keddin!!!! geeze

3. carmak

carmak

Here is a car I built with a friend about 10 years ago. It's a 64 Chevy under there.

My wife only puts up with my crap cuz I fix her sled. No one else will open the hood!

I also have a 62 Olds out back I might put on the road, or not. I like being an unacceptable!

Attached Files:

4. Godzilla

Godzilla

Was your friend's name Noah....just kidding. I guess you would never have to worry about high water. Welcome from a Gasser Guy living here in Okie land.