Register now to get rid of these ads!

An easy way to post pictures

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by the-stig, Jul 7, 2013.

1. OK, I'm done tweaking this, I think this should make it easy to post pictures here.

I've seen some of us have problems posting pictures here, it took me a while to figure it out. Here is how I do it. I use Firefox and I have included instructions for both Firefox (black print) and Internet Explorer(blue print).
    In order to post pictures, they must be hosted on the internet, like in your albums here on the H.A.M.B., photobucket or some other picture hosting website. You can even post pictures you find on the web, like on Google.
    As an example, go to your album here and click on one of your pictures. You want to open it to full size like this, not the thumbnail picture(if you
    click on the thumbnail, you will copy a thumbnail picture). If you're using Internet Explorer, see below.
    [​IMG]

Right click the picture in your album and click "Copy image location".
    [​IMG]

I use Firefox, if you're using Internet Explorer on photobucket, you may get this screen. If you do, click on "direct link".
    [​IMG]

It will automatically copy the link for you and you will see this.
    [​IMG]

If you are copying a picture from your album here on the hamb with IE, right click your picture and click on properties.
    [​IMG]

Highlight the address, right click and copy. (Firefox and IE are the same after this)

[​IMG]

Go to post reply at end of thread, click "go advanced"
    [​IMG]

Click on icon to post pictures
    [​IMG]

It will open a screen like this. Right click on the address window (http://) and paste the image location you copied from your picture, click OK. Hit enter twice to leave a space between the pictures.
    [​IMG]

That's it, you just have to do this for each picture you want to post. You can post ten to fifteen pictures at a time without starting a new reply for every picture. Good luck.

2. I just copy and past the image code with my Photo bucket account,,I have Fire Fox. HRP

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That works, but it's one of the hard ways.

Use Photo Bucket. Set the properties on Photo Bucket to Web Forum size (600 x 800). Load the pic into the library. When you click on the pic and it opens, look to the right and right click on the "IMG" image space bar. It'll automatically copy it. It'll even show, "copied", when you click on it. Then, go to your HAMB post, and paste it in.

Simple. Takes about 3 minutes to do.

Also, when posting multiple pics, press "enter" between them, so they don't run together.

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Very nice tutorial. You can post pics without an internet based photo hosting site.
    I simply post the pics right from my PC's hard drive.

After typing your reply message;

click on "manage attachments".

click on "browse". Thumbnails of your photos on your PC's hard drive will appear.
    click on the photo you want to post.
    click on "upload".

You can preview your post prior to clicking "submit reply"

Attached Files:

5. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Man, I tried to load pictures this morning from an antique race boat regatta and just gave up. I am on several forums and none as difficult to post to as this one.

It said this morning that the site was missing security tokens after trying to up upload forever. Just a PITA.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's good for thumbnails, but I like BIG pics without clicking.

[​IMG]

BAM!

7. I like big photos also,, HRP

[​IMG]

8. This is the way I have always done it. It really can't be any easier than this. I have never had a problem and you don't have to deal with other third party sites.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for info! keeping with basics, you should clarify what Photobucket is, how to cut and paste, set properties,etc. even how to post pics in an album here. lots of people here just being able to type in a post on a thread is a challenge. big pictures nice but, use up a lot of space here.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  10. Deuces

Deuces

I like the thumbnails.... I got thousands of photos saved in my files...;)

Attached Files:

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Same here. The problem I have with the thumbnails is you have to click on them to get them at a decent size. Then click again to get the larger size. I usually post big pics, so folks can enjoy them without doing any work.

It's a minor issue.

12. Kustomism

Kustomism

I've got the H.A.M.B app on my iphone and was able to upload photos very easily. But for some reason now with no changes to settings it won't let me just says (This is not a valid image file).
    Anyone got any tips for me, I'm not real sharp when it comes to computers and smart phones!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Me too. I don't know how many pictures I skip because sometimes it takes too long for the thumbnail pictures to resize.

14. That belongs to riskybiz. I stole it from the 52-59 Ford Group.