Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amish Hot Rodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 17, 2011.

1. RussTee

RussTee

Thats the one wasnt called a hotrod though was a hot spud and Milner worked out you could beat the oposition by bobbing the horses tail so it did not get in the way when he jammed the hot spud under it man you should have seen it go:D

2. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I actually got to see these first hand in Indiana in 1998 at a local ice cream joint, they had tinted windows, dingle balls and even a tape deck powered by a battery. Interesting to say the least.

3. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

WOW, the nightshift is really thin-skinned. Perhaps a diaper change is in order. :D A round of desitin for the little boys, please ;)

4. funnycar

funnycar

Sorry ... that's oval tracking, not hot rodding!:eek:

5. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

That's true. We're both insisting on dealing with technology on our own terms.

The trick is to understand why it's important.

6. We had a boarders horse here for awile that when he passed gas it would literally scare the bejesus out of you. LOL! He would propably qualified for that gasser class.:)

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Four on the floor,1 big horsepower,and leather interior/exterior.

8. Might you have a link or the name of said documentary?

There is a large Amish community near our cabin in Mid Michigan. We have spent many a facinating hour watching them go about their daily business, from stacking hay to running a drag through an unplowed field.

Unfortunately, it seems that they have also fallen prey to the American way, as my favorite section of land in the whole world- one that literally felt like you were living in about 1910 as you drove through it- now has an oil derrick that resembles a space launch site. We could see the lights from town- a distance of 7 or 8 miles. Sigh.

But they make some darn good pickles... and cookies... and pepperoni rolls... and bread... and.... :)

JK

9. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I thought that the reasoning was no energy from a taxable source. I thought they could use no tax farm diesel and then convert it to their needs in any fashion.

10. seatex

seatex

So, it's come to this, has it? Next thing you know, Ryan will be handling snakes and speaking in tongues............just sayin'............:p

11. Yes...saw it several years ago at NSRA East Coast Nationals in York, PA. Not too bad actually, was getting alot of attention.

12. This whole thread has been funny as can be! What a great distraction from the normal daily BS of life.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

What goes clip-clop, clip-clop, bang bang, clip clop...?

An Amish drive-by shooting!

14. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Seriously, I think the Amish "get it" more than we do. I really respect them. Some days I just want to chuck it all and live that way.

15. If you take away the flames, it's obviously a sleeper. What gave it away to me was the big and littles. Probably running a special blend of timothy and orchard grass.

16. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

You guys are killin' me. I'd think of something cool to say if I could just stop laughing. I lived in Indiana for 3yrs. and met lots of Amish folk. I have much respect for them. Good people.

17. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I don't have any problem with a little humor like this, and it should not offend anyone.
    I do however find it a bit strange that an administer on here would post a totally non HAMB subject like this though !! :eek:
    Also strange that Zman hasn't chimed in to offer his opinion that it isn't HAMB oriented :rolleyes:
    Cheers....
    (Now let's see who is thin skinned) :D

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

In the late 50s our church sponsored a field trip for the young people to go to Lancaster Pa and stay with a Mennonite family. We rode up there in a 57 Ford wagon. We didn't know what to expect and on the way we speculated on the look of the house. we figured it would be a big frame farm house with a big wrap around porch. When we pulled up to the address there was a Mennonite lady with her white lace hat riding around on a lawn tractor cutting the grass in front of an all brick Rancher.:D It cracked us up. Their Ford had the bumpers and grill painted black.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what causes sparks and goes clipclop clip clop clip clop real fast ? ................. and amish hot rod doing a burn out , what goes clip clop clip clop clip clop bang bang bang ?... an amish drive by shooting : )

20. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

While you were in Lancaster were you near Paradise...or maybe Blue Ball.....or Bird in Hand,....Lickdale.....or even Intercourse.
    Im not making this up...........that IS the name of the town.:D

21. 5window

5window

CB, I was born and raised in the "South Central, Western East Coast of NJ", but then, of course, I grew up and moved away. Thanks for the Desitin, I can understand why you've got so much on hand. :)

22. silverdome

silverdome

Hey the Amish are awesome craftsmen and you have to respect that. I used to Deer hunt in northerrn Missouri near a town called Jamesport. I seen some amazing Barns and outhouses up there. We're just having a little fun.

My nickname when I was younger was Copperhead (and I still get called that today out of respect I'm sure) because I was " Red on the head like a pecker on a poodle". Today I call myself Silverdome, obviously because my hair is getting more silver.

Learn to take a joke and live life. I'm sure they have heard alot worse out of some real idiots that don't understand life at all.

23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Who says the Amish don't customize.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

24. oldthudman

oldthudman

I want one!!

That is so cool!...........:D

25. Don't forget they also have drag races,,:D HRP

[​IMG]

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

you're showing your ignorance, Ryan is the boss, he owns the place, and has a sense of humor.

you on the other hand seem to still be upset about something, I on the other hand am in the parking lot of the host hotel for the hamb drags, sorry your skin is so thin that you feel the need for this post while I'm living the traditional hot rod dream in Joplin.

27. We have one of those Light-N Trike 12 V generator motor great for level ground

28. Obviously,you have pee'd in his cornflakes at one time or another,,you and the Boss have fun at the drags. HRP

29. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

When street racin in amish country goes wrong!

Attached Files: