Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Amherst, NH Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59KUSTOM, Mar 2, 2015.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Though if they did a one-off, I'd be there.

ABONES likes this.
  2. Not to be a downer- but it is going to suck. There is no way that they will be able to tell everyone in time, and there is no guarantee that any of the vendors would want to return.
    Pile that on the problem of which weekend it will be on, and I don't think it is a smart move. It's just going to disrupt the already screwed up swap meet schedule. NED, or filthy rich guy who is just playing the game while he waits to build?

Sporty45 and ABONES like this.
  3. The NED swap-meet shows lots of potential and possibly will remains as a more permanent spot. The location and available space are excellent.
    Can possibly 2 survive on the same day?

gonzo likes this.
  4. Sporty45

Sporty45

I thought this date sounded familiar, it's the same day as the Epping swap meet. Why would they do that??? :confused:

5. Pete

Pete

Well said Ben.

These guys can't keep changing thair damn minds and expecting everybody to reschedule.

Pick a damn spot and stick with it.

ABONES likes this.
  6. gonzo

gonzo

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1462359940.010272.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1462359956.236721.jpg

Looks like it is going to start back up, here are the details that I got.

The second image is the application for a vendor space.

7. Sporty45

Sporty45

$55 for a space seems a little high! What did it used to be there?

patmanta likes this.
  8. 40 bucks at NED with a trailer. 30 without. No admission to spectators! No brainer!

Sporty45 likes this.
  9. gonzo

gonzo

It's annoying that since Amherst shuttered there's been a competition between multiple swap meets to take over the last Sunday of the month date. It's going to take years to build something up to what Amherst used to be. With two, possibly three events competing on the same day it will never happen.

Sporty45 and ABONES like this.
  10. Roxy Parker

Roxy Parker

The only reason the property owner is allowing the car show this year is because his plans to develop 68 housing units on the property were rejected by the town for being too dense and now he is looking to make $ while he submits a second plan to build on the property. Don't be fooled, this "owner" is part of a large business that doesn't care at all about the well being of the town people.

nevrDUN51' likes this.
  11. Pete

Pete

Hopefully one of them will stay. The cool bonus about Epping is your 30$ vendor fee also gets you into the drag strip to watch some racing. You literally pack you rusty gold into your truck, lock it, leave it in you vendor spot and walk over to the strip.

I hope and wish Amherst is here to stay, I pulled some good tin outa there! Time will tell.

patmanta likes this.
  12. nevrDUN51'

nevrDUN51'
    from Nashua, NH

Remember folks, it's the almighty dollar. The people who own large tracts of land like that and actually care about us give way to children who just whore their lives away for money.

My uncle worked for C&K switches which was a family company for over 50 years, run by the same husband and wife. Well, they retired and gave it to their kids.....one guess what the kids did.

Roxy Parker likes this.