Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Amherst, NH Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59KUSTOM, Mar 2, 2015.

1. 68 plymouth

68 plymouth

Hi, I am looking for the vendor from Rhode Island that did Chrome Plating. His booth was down by the back car corral. I was suppose to meet him in the spring to pick up my parts but I lost his business card, Would anyone have his information? Thanks

2. MCI5C

MCI5C
    from peabody ma

Mr Jimmy
    Do you have any details on the Fitchburg venue?
    Thanks
    Chris

3. I believe Fitchburg is April 19th.

4. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

5. April 19, take the exit #32 off of route 2 and follow the signs that the Early V8 Club member put in the road leading there.
    Dress warm, it's always cool and damp in the early morning there.
    Arrive early too.

6. Very Sad indeed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Werner Carlson
    (1936-2014)

To the Amherst Auto Show Community,

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to open the show for the 2015 season. Since the passing of Werner in November, we have worked hard to find a steward for his “Field of Dreams” but at this time find that we are unable to run the show for this year. Thank you for your loyalty, support and kindness over the many years that we have been in business. It has been a pleasure to work with such a wonderful community and make “The Field” be the special place that it has been for over 54 years.

Sincerely, The Carlson Family

AMHERST NH ANTIQUE AUTO SHOW, INC.
    Werner & Elna Carlson
    157 Hollis Road (Route 122)

7. bgaro

bgaro

i'm hearing there's is something getting going in Candia, NH. anybody else heard this?

8. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

I have heard good things about theses events.

9. MacDozer

MacDozer
    from NH

There was recent talk about one taking place at the speedway in Epping over on the ford barn. May 9 th I think.

10. windsurf88

windsurf88

Just got this today, New England Dragway monthly swap meet
    10290626_811754455546486_2807108152666741822_n.jpg

2many projects likes this.
  11. pitman

pitman

Because Dick Blevens was one fine mechanic and generous w/his time. (Now deceased) his sons are putting this together. I'm hitting up my NH list, to let them all know about it. [April 26th 39 Donovan Rd. Candia NH. Keith Blevens 603-235-1639 or Scott Blevens 603-315-0284. 30 bucks for a space to sell your automotive goodies.] Scott's phone is correct here.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    ABONES likes this.
  12. This one at NED sound very promising. I like it!

13. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

from the Tornado's CC homepage:
    "
    There's a new monthly swap meet in NH since the tragic ending to the Amherst Auto Flea Market. Anyone who had never been to Amherst would think you were crazy when you told them you were getting up at 5am to go walk around a field of rusty metal. But those who had experienced it knows it was so much more than old rusty junk and crappy coffee. It was a bond of like minded people getting together for the environment, the laughs, and the thrill of the hunt.

Keith and Scott Blevens have stepped up and decided to carry on the tradition. Lets show these guys some support for keeping our hobby alive and carrying on the tradition of waking up at 5am on the last Sunday of every month to poke around a field of car parts. The first swap will be held on April 26th at 39 Donovan Road, Candia NH. Vendor spaces are just 30 bucks to sell your old auto parts. Spread the word!"

Keith Blevens 603-235-1639
    Scott Blevens 603-315-0284

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  14. mike bowling

mike bowling

One goes, three show up to take it's place!! Like woodchucks in the vegetable garden! Candia has such a nice ring to it, I think I'm going to the Blevens Brothers for Sunday Services myself.....

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  15. Blevens Brothers for me also!

16. Sweet. As far as I think, the more meets the merrier. Blevens seems like a great replacement because it isn't as far off as the Biddeford/Saco meet is. People come from Connecticut, so hopefully it will keep them happy.
    Cannot wait for Fitchburg; it will be two straight weekends of buying. I better save my money now.

17. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

18. So it's this weekend. What time is the suggested wake up time on Sunday?

19. I will be arriving there around daybreak.

20. I would hate to ask, but where is everyone going this month? Ned has had a ton of exposure, and I wasn't that impressed by the blevens, even though I am sure it will eventually fill up.
    So, what is everyone doing, cause I am thinking Ned this month...

21. 32 hudson

32 hudson

22. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Yup, I will be slinging @ Candia. Ben, i will bring that panel plus more A stuff, need anything specific?

23. windsurf88

windsurf88

I'm hearing rumors of Amherst starting back up again this year (5/29/16) can anyone confirm this?
    All I can find online is a post on: www.facebook.com/saveamherst/

24. Latest word I heard was Werner's land was sold but the land wont be torn up for housing for about 3 years.
    No accurate word if anybody going in for a short term flea market venture.

The curtain is slowly falling.

25. Word on the street today is the developer who purchased it is now on social media looking to reopen the car show/ swap meet, Sunday, May 29th.
    There is a woman contact who will process reservation spots if you request a form.
    More news will follow over the next couple of days.
    This all came to me this morning and very limited info is available at this moment but the wheels are slowly turning again.

26. Why bother. He is only going to host this for 2 or 3 years before he develops it. Lets just get one meet going now. I'm sticking with New England Dragway at this point.

patmanta likes this.