Register now to get rid of these ads!

America's Most Beautiful Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 29, 2008.

1. What you have here is a peoples choice award, but instead of John Q Pulblic picking some easter egg colored car with a Wi-lley Coyote stuffed animal sitting behind the wheel or a crying kid leaning on it, or some other equally stupid "look at me" trick, we will have the folks from the HAMB picking it.......that should be interesting. I'm sure it will not be a drama free event,:rolleyes: but it should prove to be fun just the same. And as Ryan says, its all about the fun anyway. I'm in..........:D

2. sledish

sledish

Love it Ryan !:cool:

3. Traditional, yes.

Beautiful, no.

Sam.

4. I don't think a HAMBers car would,automatically, have an advantage,unless it falls into the perameters of what the guys who are picking are looking for. If there's NO checklist or $10K display,then a driver should have just as much chance of winning as a Show car. You tell the guys chosen,to pick the car that best represents the HAMB point of view. NOT necessarily traditional.
    Example: The Cole Foster '36,Timebomb John's '36

Does it have to be a Roadster?

5. I am down with this and will help in any way possible just say the word.

6. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Ryan, I want to make the trophy!!

I am sending you a few picture of "some" of them.

John

7. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

great idea Im all for it

8. HRags

HRags

absolutely great idea

9. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

My vote is for Ryan for the Traditional Hot Rod World Order!

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Anyone can walk thru any of the many entrances into the venue with a trophy under their arm without anyone giving them a second glance. The folks at the gates are just ticket-takers and could care less what you are carrying in......just ask "HAMBer X"...he actually carried in a trophy one day and thus didn't have to buy a ticket.:D

11. stirlingmac

stirlingmac

Sounds like a great idea to me and hopefully those of us overseas could vote too.....

12. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Sidebar: I am really alright with the best street coupe award!

Now if I can only get Rotten and Marlene to agree with adopting me.

Attached Files:

13. Some of you folks THINK too much! And forget what it is like to have fun with the lemmings!? Damn PC wankers, you! Not them.

14. WOULD YOU CONSIDER POSTING PHOTOS OF THE CARS CHOSEN BY THE H.A.M.B. MEMBERS ON SATURDAY ALLOWING THE MEMBERS THAT COULD NOT MAKE THE SHOW TO VOTE ALSO?

15. mackster

mackster

Great Idea Boss! DO IT TO IT! :D

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

17. nexxussian

nexxussian

Hallelujah, Can I get an Amen... :D

18. 31modelo

31modelo

If you don't like what the GNRS is doing then don't put your cars in the show and don't spend the money to go. They will get the picture quicker if the money isn't there. It's a nice idea but if you don't like the cars or judging stop goin.

19. Rusty

Rusty

Sounds good to me. Always wanted to come out to the show anyway. I am volunterring my services for the 09 show if I make the panel cut

Rusty

20. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Count me in...Sir! If you had not posted that pic I would not of cared to much since everyyear like you said.... It is the same!!!

dakota kid
    jalopykings car club

21. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Bout time Ryan...........regardless of what anyone thinks. I have followed the "AMBR" for most of my hotrodding life.....very seldom agree with the winner, but have seen many nice cars that never got any recognition. I have always thought that Execution and Style should get the nod over Trendy.
    Mark

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Great Idea indeed Ryan,

I have to say that while reading through most of this thread I come to realize that some still think money is going to play a key factor in the outcome of your award. But I personally think that no matter how rare the parts may be on some cars vs. others that you guys will actually be looking more towards the craftsman ship and ingenuity involved with the canidates cars. Also just because you have a rare part or two on your car does not mean you are loaded with money. Some people get lucky and stumble into shit.

I to believe your idea is long overdue. The streetrod industry is no more than cookie cutter cars anyway with the ridiculous dollars they have wrapped in them only makes owning such cars stressfullrather than enjoyable. In regards to the people throwing you guys out or even having something negative to say would be very stupid on their part, because they have to look at things like this. This hobby of ours is no different than a table Those guys are the top and we are the legs. so without us they will fall. With this being said I wih you luck on this journey and I will like many other support this cause.

~Lockwood

23. Awesome idea, I don't think we'd be undermining the show's pick; it'd just be the HAMB pick.

24. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

That's the best idea I've heard of in years!!!
    Go with it !!!

25. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

Yet another Billet laden POS douche roadster with a million $ price tag!

26. Mike

Mike

That coupe is a beautiful car for sure, one of my favorites there. I didn't understand why they opened the side of the hood that faced the wall, though.

27. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

It makes for a cleaner profile from the "public" side, yet allows the judges to view the mill without opening and closing the hood.

28. the-rodster

the-rodster

Ryan,

I DO like the idea, but.....

There are numerous special awards given already, how do plan to set this one apart...

LA DEUCE AWARD
    MERCURY CHARLIE’S 50’s TRADITIONAL CUSTOM AWARD
    THREE YOUNG GUNS AWARD
    BEST DRESS FLAT HEAD
    WEST COAST KUSTOM OUTSTANDING NOSTALGIA ROD OR CUSTOM AWARD
    VON DUTCH PINSTRIPPING AWARD
    STEVE’S AUTO RESTORATION MARK OF EXCELLENCE
    BRUCE MEYER HOT ROD PRESERVATION PERPETUAL TROPHY
    THE ASHCROFT MOTORCYCLE BUILDERS AWARD
    CHIP FOOSE DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARD
    GEORGE BARRIS KUSTOM D’ELEGANCE AWARD
    BRIZIO FAMILY AWARD