Register now to get rid of these ads!

"America's Car Collection"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ruralrod, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ruralrod

ruralrod

Well the cat is definitely out. How can it not be? America's Car Collection is being built in Winnemucca, NV. Planning, zoning, all the hoops are done. There will be a ground breaking real soon. It's gonna consist of Rods, Customs, and Racecars. It's gonna a be the "Mecca in Mucca" for a lot of HAMBers and enthusiasts everywhere. It's been in the works for the past 2 years and it's all reality now.
    historic and documented Dry Lakes and Bville Cars
    proven and renowned Drag Cars
    benchmark Hot Rods and Street Rods
    movie and celebrity cars
    and last but definitely not least Roth Cars
    It's underway and Summer of 07 it will be open. There were hopes of this summer but it's not reality.
    As for the motivation, it came from a few guys who grew up together with the passion and love for cars. Not exotic, foreign, road-race cars, but Historic American Cars. They're serious and as you can see or hear the cars are coming. As of this past week there's around 130 cars.

I'll keep ya posted and informed on the progress. I can't let it all out but I'm sure you's HAMBers can start puting pieces together.

More to come...................

ruralrod

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Sounds like a neat place worth visiting, is it close to Vegas or Reno?

3. tristansdaz

tristansdaz

163 miles east of Reno on I80.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hence that one dude buying all the cars at Barrett Jackson last year and this year. Yep, heard about it. It will do wonders for that town, lots of tourists equal lots of jobs. Hopefully opened up by Aug 07 to coincide with Speed Week for all the vistors to the area. I'm looking forward to visiting.

5. sir

sir

...WOW that's just down the road and over the hill from where I am in oregon.maybe now I don't have to travel all the way to portland or S-F to go to see great cars!!!:)

6. ruralrod

ruralrod

we'll coordinate annual events around speedweek, hot august nights, and nats. that time of year there's a lot of action down I-80. there's talks of stops with the good guys runs and the likes. should be fun.

7. Rikster

Rikster

I know this is an old post... but on another forum, I came across a photo album that a guy took at this new museum. He and his buddies got invited for a special tour... some really great stuff in there. I hope to one day make it there.

A lot of the photos where taken of the cars that where in storage

Here is the LINK to the complete album... below are a few samples.
    All photos by "cla55ic"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

So thats the guy who bought the Von Dutch paint box.. I was there when it sold in '06 at the Peterson, quarter of a million $ +!

Now, this is worth the trip right here...the big kahuna of match racing heaven...
    Dick Landy's Coronet...

Thanks for the link,Rikster
    [​IMG]

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This thread has to stay up.....very cool.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! If the owners of this collection are reading this THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! All the great car collections are built by people with a passion for the cars they truly love, you guys have great taste, and have picked some true winners. Nice to know were a few special cars how call home, I'll be out to visit some day!

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ralph is a great guy... You might remember our article on the Cobbs roadster? Ralph owns it as well...

12. VespaJay

VespaJay

Ahh . . . the Deora!! So cool to see it looking so good!

[​IMG]

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is this collection the new home for the exDavid Uihlein MILLERS?

14. So I did a search for "America's Car Collection" and came up with THIS

Not the same place?

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Different place...
    LeMay museum is in WA....just down the street from me....
    Plans are to build a new museum in Tacoma, by the dome......but most (if not all) of the cars are stockers.....but many rare and unusual stuff....largest private collection of cars in US....

16. Thanks for the info....Funny how they are both called the same thing tho :cool:

17. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

GREAT!!! Good idea to go see it as these collections eventually get broken up when the owner passes away (Harrah's, Chandler etc.) then the cars go all over the world. Not saying the owner is going to do that soon but we all go someday and the family only wants the money.

18. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Is it safe to assume that some of those cars pictured are on loan to the museum? I am amazed at some of the stuff (A-bros., Fahrner stuff espc.) he was able to buy if they're all his...

19. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

WoW .... So looking at the pic with the flathead speed parts I see a hand fabricated Y adapter... I use to make them.. HOW did it end up there???

Dickster27 ya better call him cause I know your looking for one..!!!

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      wtf.jpg
      File size:
      81.4 KB
      Views:
  20. hershambob

hershambob

i stopped there after speedweek and they havant started building the museum yet,those pics are taken in the garage,they had a bonniville display goin on at that time,,just that small area is well worth a visit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  21. couverkid

couverkid

I sold that guy some intake manifolds. One was a 4-2 cragar for a early olds and the other a 4-2 for a SBC and a flathead intake i believe also but cant remember. Should be neat.

22. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

The Harry Bentley Bradley "La Jolla" is worth the price of admission.

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the link to the pix........and I see the "Rudy hooker truck" in the shots......also, did "Ralph" buy the "Chrisman coupe"?

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

24. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Holy crap.....that green T RULES......

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is just too good to be true, sort of the Bill Harrah of this era. Is it polite to ask for some info on the owner, what started is car interest, and shaped his ability to pick the best of the best cars to full a collection?

26. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

This Olds is an old 50's car show survivor from here in the Minneapolis area. It was featured by Pat G. in R&C when he revived it in the late 80's. It looks just like it did in the 50's, down to the original 50's installed bitchin' candy stripe tuck-n-roll in it. I think the only reason why it made it to the museum is the owner was having some health issues and needed the money. (a large amout was offered for the car) Plus, he was glad to know it was going somewhere it would be prserved.

27. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Nice to see this thread pop up again anybody make it in to see the B-ville exhibit on the way to speedweek???

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

That's where my '36 went. Anybody know why the delay in construction? Seems like it's a coupla years behind schedule.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Chad s

Chad s

I want to go see this so badly! What an amazing collection.

30. $$$$$ The way I see it is your in deep shit when your bidding on a car at Barrett-Jackson and the auctioneer looks down to the front row and says "Ralph Are You In" Ralph is a heavy hitter and his passion for the car game is huge. Ralph did pay large money for a car that I had done in 2006 >>>>.