Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods American Racing Torque Thrust II VN 815

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruizznn, Jun 9, 2014.

1. cruizznn

cruizznn
    from ohio

I know there has probably been much discussion about American racing wheels in the past. It concerns me they are not made here anymore, but on the other hand, shouldn't their wheels have to meet some sort of standards set by the US to be saleable here? I need a set of wheels for a 5X5" pattern and want to use shiny 5 spokes. It isn't real easy to find a lot of that type in this size. I have researched american made companies and for some reason a few of them are very limited on sizes, Eagle, Allied wheel, etc.. My question is, has anyone here had any experience good or bad with the American Torq Thrust II VN815 and the PVD coating (I emailed American and they say this...
    PVD stands for Physical Vapor Deposition – it’s a higher quality more durable version of Chrome....never heard of that one before. I always seem to base a price of something to denote the quality of the product. You can buy a whole set of these compared to 1-2 wheels of other brands. Thanks