Register now to get rid of these ads!

American pride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onlychevrolets, Jul 27, 2009.

1. fourspd340

fourspd340

11 Bravo is the designation for Light Infantry. That's what I was. That's a young man's job, right there. Very physically demanding.

Tell him to stay safe. He is a true hero.

Stan

2. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

[​IMG]

my boy is home...

3. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on your son!

I got chills when I read the thread and realized I was standing on the parade ground at Ft Leonard Wood almost exactly 21 years ago for my graduation. I came home and went to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally a few days later with my dad. Short hair, Echo510 tshirt......it hit me when I had vets stopping ME shaking my hand and thanking me for serving. God bless the USA.

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

It isn't about cars. Cool cars get five stars. OT gets one. We're not all military here.

Who wants to here about my brother playing college football?

5. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

but your all free because of them

and hear is not spelled correct.

6. I visited this one a few years ago...it was real impressive. If you do get to go, be sure you look up as well as around while inside the museum.

7. ratrod0

ratrod0

8. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

you can go, we all can go , everyone but 53sled....hes not military, let him fight his own war.

9. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Thank you (& the wife) for raising such a fine young man, & thanks to him for answering his countries call.

I will say the PROUDEST day of my life so far was standing on the quarter deck of my son's latest command & pinning a gold anchor with a star on his collar making him one of the Navy's newest Senior Chief Petty Officers.

Also whenever we're with him & he's in uniform, the number of people who will go so far out of thier way to shake his hand & thank him for his service is something that will always catch a lump in my throat.

So again thanks to you,your son & your family. Thanks to all of our service people who answer the call to arms. And thanks so very much to the 'Regular Americans' who take the time to show thier love & appreciation.
    ok I'll stop now, Al:cool:

10. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

being proud enough to shed a tear is nothing to be ashamed of at all!! congats and tell him to be safe!!

11. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Went to OSUT there back in 98. Had a chance to check out the old museum, and was amazed. I would love to cruise down there and check out the new one!!!!!

12. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the entrance to the infantry museum

13. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

While at Ft. Bragg stop by and have a look at "Iron Mike"

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thank your son for his service for me.

15. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Ft.Benning and the ceremonies they provide are impressive. Congrats on your son. My parents cried when I graduated OCS.

16. hey pop's so when are we going on this little trip?

17. is there a total lack of resect for the men and women that serve this country i am reading there ?

18. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I'm down for a road trip......Looks like a cool place to go it's about 2 1/2 hour trip When we going......... Thank you for this post

19. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

hey Bone, I was thinking maybe in late September... hey man where at the show last night? we where there , we where under the bridge by the Bartow museum.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009