Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Pickers just picked my buddy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29sportcoupe, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1rustyhighcab

1rustyhighcab

whenever you hear about the guy with all the cool stuff, but will never sell any of it. thats when you need to get the truck and trailer, make a trip to the bank, then get right over there.

2. jstorm

jstorm

No, shes single and has 2 kids though.

3. JCW2110

JCW2110

I love the show and watch when ever I can. I'm sure some is bullshit for tv though... It's funny though,When they find something that has 3 inch's of dust on it and the owner always says...''I was gonna use that''

4. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

jstorm, unfortunately, she is married..........bummed

5. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I just don't get the tats. Is it me ? or is it that I qualify for AARP?

6. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Good for you and your buddy!! I'm glad i'm not as cynical and jaded as some of the folks in this thread. :p

7. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I don,t have cable so I get to miss all the drama

8. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

whats a "TV" ?

9. kayjohn

kayjohn

We were talking about them being in Kingman yesterday at donuts. I watch the show once in a while. I'm into restoring Denver's Coppers built by the late Denver Mullins and crew from San Bernardino Ca. back in th e80s. We have ten of them in the shop right now. I'm also a big contributer to the Denver's thread over on the jockey journal.
    A firend of mine emailed me last summer about a yellow chopper Frank bought, said he thought it was a Denvers, I emailed Frank inquiring about the bike, told him what we were doing preserving the history. I saw the episode the next week and saw that it was not a Denver's.

I was at the shop all day yesterday workin on the chops. Didn't see the VAN.

I have car and bike stuff for sale. but if the're lookin to buy any Denver stuff it aint happining.LOL

DENVER'S CHOPPERS Preserving a Piece of History.

10. I'd be curious to know what they get paid from the TV show - I am pretty sure the show has to cover them riding all over the place. The travel and cost of the excursions would have to eat into making 50 bucks on a sign.

I thought they should have cut Corky a little deal on those signs they brought him. Corky should have used the - I'll tell you what, I'll meet you in the middle tactic to save himself 250 bucks.

11. Vern

Vern

That's to cool, great show!

12. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

BS but I like to watch it

13. jstorm

jstorm

your right, I misread her page. I was shocked about the 2 kids seeing as she never mentions them on the show.

14. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Ive got a question for you guys that know/met them... They seem to be a little fruity on the show, like they might be more then business partners. After reading some of the stuff on here (like the wet t-shirt stuff!) Im thinking its just poor acting. Any thoughts?

Also... I love this show! I love learning the value of junk!

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yea man not like it matters but my wife and I do have a little bet going about that same thing.

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Guy says this from his computer.... Thats funny. Like the damn internet is any better.

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

ha ha ha ha

18. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Staged, corny or not it sure beats the hell out of some of the other offerings on TV. I spend a lot of time on the road so a hotel room TV is usually my only entertainment after I get tired of the internet. Just as long as they don't have Dog the bounty hunter as a guest I will continue to watch. I also would like to see Danielle's tats up close.

19. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I love the show and those guys seem really cool. Frank and Danielle were both at World of Wheels in Kansas City and seemed pretty down to earth. It certainly beats alot of the other crap on TV.

20. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

thats business,tough shit

21. dndrodshop

dndrodshop
    from Wales

I love the show just because I can turn to my wife and say"

SEE I DON'T HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!

22. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

They burn $80 in gas to get to a place and buy three things

23. sololobo

sololobo

Neat experiance, your litle cutie looked like she was enjoying the event. She is going to be a heartbreaker, what a doll! The show gets some nay-sayers, but that happens with all unknowns becoming stars, I just enjoy it and remember it is "t.v." kids. Thanx for sharing the cool story! ~sololobo~

24. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Do they act as "gay" off screen, I like the show but some times these guys gag me a bit.

25. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

Thanks guys, my daughter was in heaven since we like the show anyway and she is a mini picker also. She's a cool kid and wants to build a hot rod for high school, how cool would it have been if there were girls like that when we grew up? They all drove chevettes and liked Michael Jackson and were only good for one or two things.

They act about the same off camera but you have to remember that they are from Iowa and everyone knows there are no fags in that fantastic state! Oh, can I say that here? Wait, Mike said he was born in Illinois.... On one episode Frank mentioned a "lady friend" back home and they both love motorcycles so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt til more facts arise.

Seems like mostly positive comments so far, cant please everyone though. Imagine a show with no yelling. Its just a matter of time before some big wig producer Jumps the Shark and wrecks the show

26. cool... love the show!

27. 47 ford

47 ford

I like the show. Its fun watching 2 guys having fun doing what we all want to do.....

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures. Looks like you and your daughter had a fun day, something I'm sure neither of you will ever forget. I don't have tv but always try to catch Pickers somewhere, I enjoy the show. Maybe someday they'll come to my house and pick my picks ha ha!

29. jchav62

jchav62

It's a great show. We watch it all the time. Can't wait to see this episode!

30. Philbilly

Philbilly

That's awesome! I always like watching that show. When the show going to air for that episode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.