Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods American Grafitti coupe radiator too low?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSig, Sep 8, 2009.

1. It was a better movie than all the crap they have out today. I enjoyed it. I had a chopped and channeled five window in the late 60's. There was a lot of good stuff in that movie to relate to if you grew up in that era. It was good entertainment, Period!

Attached Files:

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That car was, is, and always will be perfect in my eye.

3. The coupe was not "built" for the movie. It was bought from a news paper ad and painted and prepared for the show over night or so the story goes. Lucas didn't say, "build me a coupe just like this" he had his staff come up with a car that looked the early '60s part or close to it.

I could come up with a lot of different scenarios as to why the grill shell is like it is but anything that me or anyone else comes up with would be pure speculation unless of course they are the original builder.

4. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Not to shift the subject but does any one know who made or what brand the headers were. Oriinal AGC1 (15).jpg th.jpg

5. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Talk to these guys:

A&M Deluxe Customs
    1134 North Fremont Lane Cornelius, OR 97113-9325
    1(503) 992-1988

They built a killer clone of the AG coupe and build and sell headers which are very close to the originals.

6. If it were any different, it wouldn't be the Milner coupe. Admittedly I prefer a stock height shell, but not on this car, because it's key to its identity.

Can you imagine if Jewel fixed her teeth? Or Jimmy Durante got a nose job? Or Marilyn got Lipo? Sometimes it's the flaws that make something unique.

7. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Thanks MAD 034 I'll check them out.