Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures American Graffiti video - locations then & now

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy Palumbo, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Maybe I've been under a rock or something , but I just came across this video & I figured it was cool enough to share with my HAMB brothers & sisters . Like the title says , it's a video showing American Graffiti locations then & now , all threaded together very nicely with clips , music and even a couple spots where he implanted himself right in the original action . It's pretty cool (I think so , at least ;) ) . I hope it hasn't been posted before , or at least recently , so people like me who haven't seen it before can have a look . ENJOY !!

Dave50, Al Consoli, 1927Tudor and 4 others like this.
  2. Thanks you! I enjoyed the heck out of it. tim

3. I've never seen it before. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. lucky ink

lucky ink

That was cool thanks :cool:

volvobrynk likes this.

5. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Good film, thanks for sharing.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Pretty neat..Looks like things haven't changed much..Around here housing [condos, apartments. town houses, estates, Senior hosing, etc, oh and little strip malls and freaking stoplites!] is over running any open land...Sigh...

7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

8. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

That was cool - thanks :)

9. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

10. Didn't see that one but I did see the original "Blues Brothers" then and now including the abandoned mall... very interesting but the split screen was a bit blurred for the camera pans made it difficult to capture the details.

11. butch27

butch27

That was great.

12. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Pretty cool. Funny when you look at the scene when Milner stops and jumps out to help Toad in the fight. The trees at the curb were only 4 feet tall. Now they're 20 feet high. God that makes me feel old. :(

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Petaluma Ca. mostly, lived there in my 20s. Yes, the old town buildings pretty much remain, as well as the outlying countryside, but there's more and more housing tracts and strip malls all the time. Traffic on those streets you see can be miserable at commute and weekend times.

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Glad you guys liked it - I figured you would . That dude had a TON of cool videos like that showing movie scene locations - all of them great . Check out the rest HERE . He's done revisits of movies like Bullitt , Ferris Beuller , Clockwork Orange , Blues Brothers , Dirty Harry movies , Christine , Groundhog day (ironically , which is today - and who knew it wasn't filmed in Punxsutawney ?) and a bunch more . I've watched a lot of them . It's a good way to kill some time late at night ... don't bother asking me how I know , LOL !

15. the flatlander

the flatlander

Hadn't seen that video, really brought back memories. I'm the guy that reprinted the" Coupe" print in front of Mel's, in 1989 as a limited edition. Still have a few (25x35 " color). Shows LeMat behind the "piss yellow" coupe. $25 ea. free ship in usa I also have the original b& w 2'x3' outtakes that hung in Mel's diner. Given to Mel (& signed by Mel) by George Lucas. Plus other Graffiti stuff for sale. thx, Alan

16. It's amazing how much of the town looks the same!
    Too bad the times and types of cars did!

17. Is it O.K. to cry when Falfa rolls the 55?

wingnutz and volvobrynk like this.
  18. Thank you for posting it, I enjoyed it very much!

19. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

damn haven't seen that one, great video. Brings back a lot of memories. Thanks for posting!

20. chargin03

chargin03

21. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Very cool...thanks

22. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dang now I HAVE to watch the movie again! THANKS I needed that!

23. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Thanks for the great video! I always wanted to know more about the junkyard. Anybody have any info? Just a movie set?

Gary

24. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

That was awesome. Thanks for posting it!

25. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I just watched a couple more of his videos last night. Each one I've seen is incredibly well made. I wish I had that talent. There are plenty of movie location videos on YouTube , but few are as well made , if ya ask me.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the AG one , it's the best I've seen.

26. chubbie

chubbie

Thanks made my day!!

27. Time waits for no one.

I haven't seen it and don't have time for it right now but I will be back.

Oh Buddy Palumbo just on a side note, I have no idea what color your text is but it is really hard for me to read. not that it really matters just thought I would let you know.

28. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

That movie changed a lot of lives, It really nailed what life was like for American teenagers and America in general. What a great time. I thank God I was part of it.

29. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

Just what I was needing on a cold winter morning. Thanks a lot. Being a kid in the fifties and sixties, I love this movie.

30. 56shoebox

56shoebox

What are outtakes that hung in the diner? Can you elaborate?