Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti @ the Drive in this week!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tikidiablo, Mar 18, 2008.

1. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

This is a little last minute, but we only got the details today (TV people:rolleyes:)

Here it is as I got it.

Are you ready for an all-nighter? Spread the word among friends and drive-in aficionados. We need a strong turn-out for this one-off event featuring hard core drive-in junkies and gear-heads. CBS will broadcast 3 live, one minute segments for a national roll out on Thursday morning. So show up after midnight on Wednesday and get ready to see the sun rise.

Cheers,
    Frank

On Thursday March 20, CBS News, "The Early Show" [FONT=Chalkboard, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml[/FONT] will be broadcasting live from the South Bay Drive In, located at 2170 Coronado Avenue in Imperial Beach, CA. The broadcast starts at 3 AM PDT and live feeds will be aired from 6 thru 8 AM EDT, and across the USA in accordance with the show's national broadcast schedule.

For the audience, there will be special screenings of "American Graffiti" and "Jaws" to keep us awake and excited for this all-nighter. All audiences are welcome; free admission; bring your own tailgate parties!

The South Bay Drive In is metropolitan San Diego's last remaining drive-in theater. Built in 1950, it sports a nautical theme, complete with a ship building which serves as the snack bar and projection booth.

The drive-in is wildly popular, showing first run, day & date, double feature movies for its regular fare. It has been featured on local TV stations and in the SD Reader. We are very pleased to take part in this national television broadcast, which aims to promote the remaining, successful drive-ins as the spring season approaches.

I may or may not be there, but feel free to bring your custom or hot rod and see the show!

Danny

2. Dang, I've been trying to get the drive-in guy here to get American Graffiti for years. I understand that it's probably cost prohibitive but I think he'd surprise himself.

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Man, seeing AG @ a drive in would be awesome! I've never been to a drive-in before, theres none left up here!!

4. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Wow this is really cool! I'm gonna spread the word!

5. borntoolate

borntoolate

"This might even be better than Darryl Starbird's superfleck moonbird"

6. To bad it's so far from here, I seen American Graffiti and The Van as a double feature at the drive in sitting in my older brothers 66 Buick GS when the movies first came out. I blame that on part of my addiction to cars and sex...lol

7. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

So who's going. It's free and you have to play hooky every now and then right?

8. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"It is, it is better then Darryl Starbird's superfleck moonbird"

9. TopHat

TopHat
    from NC

I wish I could, but its on the other coast.

TopHat

10. How about one here in SoCal,Tiki!!! We need A M night at the Mission Tiki Drive In.

11. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

we did that last year in illinois at a 3 day car show. we rented a huge screen and played american graffiti in a parking lot. it went over real good.
    wish i could come to this, sounds like alot of fun.
    there is a drive-inn here in indiana where i live and it's been around since the 50's.
    i need to talk them into doing this.

12. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

True dat! Working on it Bob.

13. jk49merc

jk49merc

great idea, i think we could rangle a parking lot or park area, rent a projector and have bbq. shouldn't be too crazy. im in if anyone's interested. let me know if you want to tag team and organize

jeremy