Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 23, 2009.

1. sloorider

sloorider

Thanks to Muttley, I learned something...

2. Muttley

Muttley

Are you using the Windows "Snipping Tool"?

3. sloorider

sloorider

Power DVD on XP

4. sloorider

sloorider

Did this by capturing a frame change and got two images, thought it was kind of cool and artsy...

5. sloorider

sloorider

Ya, Aloha Bobby and Rose was a goodie, gee the 70's almost qualifies for traditional...lol...

6. sloorider

sloorider

7. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

What can you say , the worlds greatest movie! good job

8. sloorider

sloorider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More seens from Aloha Bobby and Rose, get yourself a copy...one for the library...

9. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

my sister in law had a 56 belvedere 2dr hdtop ,white & yellow ,with baby moons ,she always said was in the movie . kkep yor eyes open for it!!!!

10. one of the 55s had A/C so the guys didnt sweat to death while filmin close up interior shots

11. damn Muttley if I got it in my collection and ya need to use it say the word......richard D had alot to but I havent seen him here lately

12. Here.s a mission;Kookies T on 77 Sunset Strip.Is it even on DVD?Inspired choice the California Kid.That needs to be a poster!

13. I am not sure that you guys are aware of the fact that Bo Hopkins and the little Mexican guy host the Pharaohs car club that was depicted in the movie American Graffiti. You can join any time you see these guys at an event.
    I am member 218 and I run a Pharaohs club plaque on my roadster

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

The rollover car was actually a 2 door hardtop . THe post you see is a piece of 1x2 painted black and stuck there to look like a post.

I cant remember alllll of the history on the all the cars . One of the AG 55's is hacked up now and a shell of its former self . Walt Bailey owns the other surviving car done to its two lane blacktop fame . WHen he found the car it had a camaro sub frame up front i believe . Instead of just going and throwing the axle back up front he actually had the man himself " Richard Ruth" get in on it so it would really be right . Pretty neat to read Walts story . He didnt have the original doors off the car , the fiberglass ones with the sliding plexi windows . He ended up tracking them down somewhere north of the boarder .

you can find alot of infor on the movies 55's at , this is Walts site and has pretty much everything you need to know lol.
    http://twolaneblacktop.yuku.com/directory

15. M.Edell

M.Edell

"The Little Mexican guy" That was my buddy Manual Padilla Jr, he passed away last year.

16. That's kind of sad. He played Jai, Tarzans little kid side kick, on the old Tarzan TV show (Ron ElY was Tarzan) in the late 60's.

17. Candy Clark and Bo Hopkins have been at Back to the 50's a few times.
    The '32 was here with Paul LaMat & Rick, the current owner a few years ago.

18. Notice the J.C. Penny cheater slicks in this pic, it's the only shot where you can see them.
    -Dean

19. Man
    Thats a real shame. I talked a little to him as well as Bo when I signed up.
    I meant no disrespect

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  20. M.Edell

M.Edell

It's cool man..he was a fun guy, unfortuneately he liked the booze too much and thats what got him in the end.He was just 17 when he was in AG, he had to have his Mom on the set when they filmed because he was a Minor.He also appeared in "Scarface" the scene with the chainsaw in the bathroom.He died too young for sure.

21. I read this thread the other night and thought, my avatar is a picture I swiped off of The California Kid by just pausing on my computer during the movie, right clicking and saving like pictures off the internet.

22. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

Heres some for you guys requesting Hollywood Knight pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

24. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Muttley, Out of all those pics not one of the 58 Impala??? WOWOW...lolol
    That was the koolest car in the movie in my opinion wink wink!!

25. Muttley

Muttley

I'll try and post some tonite. ;)

26. edweird

edweird

how bout a pic of toad bustin his ass on his scooter.

27. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

Hey Muttley,

We should get together. You might like to check out my 55. Just got the rebuild back in and will be ready for Famoso soon. I might could use some of your waterslide stuff for the side rear windows. PM me.

28. Deu55

Deu55

Hey Muttley thanx for the pics..Rod....