Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures ~~~American Graffiti on the BIG SCREEN in So Cal!!!~~~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Dec 27, 2010.

1. moefuzz

moefuzz

Wish I was a few thousand miles closer cause I would go.
    Our local "big city" doesn't have a bog screen anymore. That's pretty sad for a city of 1.2 million.

2. Yep,a bunch of us went there and saw it there a few years ago.

3. I'm gonna get there about 5:45 or so,and hang out. Maybe get a burger at Knowlwoods...

4. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

wow, sounds cool. Ill try to make it, thanks for the info bob!

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I just made a suggestion to one of our last remaining drive-ins here in the state that they should have a car show and an American Graffiti night. They could open in late afternoon and we could all drive our cars and it would be like a car show at the drive in. and when the sun went down...American Graffiti would be on the screen! Also thought it would be neat to do a double feature with Deuce of Spades opening the night and American Graffiti finishing the night off. UNfortunately with snow and heavily salted roads in the winter; our drive-ins are not open in winter and all cars are parked from November until Aprilish :(...so we must wait hahaha.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sounds like a fun night but no can do that day. Give us report after

7. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

How have I missed this thread....I should be good to go............just gotta find a babysitter.

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

man.........that would be cool to see at a DRIVE IN huh?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

9. John B

John B

You can never see AG enough, at least in my opinion. I've seen it twice at a drive-in. It's a pain for the Drive-In owner because the studio puts a lot of limits and restrictions on the handling of the film.

We need another Cinematic , I have the Drive-In whenever Ryan is ready.

To all you guys who get to go to this showing, have a good time.

10. I watch it when-ever,where-ever it's playing!!!! Been one of my favorites since it came out!!!

11. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I wonder what it would take to get them to play it at the drive in by me??:rolleyes: the pedal car is gonna be kind of a lakes b-tank looker

12. bcharlton, you're probably too young to remember. About nine or ten years ago my club, The Rods & Customs of Buffalo put on an anniversary / car show at..... the Transit Drive In. We tried to get American Graffiti but management told us #1, they are locked into a contract to show current films and #2 it is very hard to find good copies of the film. And, about twenty years ago American Grafitti and The Hollywood Knights were shown in a double feature at the Transit Drive In. We have as good a car scene in the Buffalo area as anyplace in the country. We just have a short season. So if you can't find something to do with your car you're not looking.

13. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Quick question from a kid who will not be attending because of how far away it is. How many of you are takin' your old rides there?:)

14. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Chris, Find that sitter and lets roll up.... Ill hit up Will too!

15. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

I also saw it at a Drive-inn in SFV (Sunland Drive-inn) My car was not as cool as yours but it was fun

16. John B

John B

Both points are true. We do ours on the night before Labor Day (A Sunday) so it doesn't interferr with the scheduled movies. As for getting a good print, well there's probably more copies in the hands of private owners then in the vault at the studio. Either way the prints are usually used up and starting to turn pink.

We've looked into getting Hollywood Knights for this years show , but we've been told the available print is starting to go pink as well. So we might have to settle for Dazed & Confused.

17. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I am workin on it as we speak.

18. PENNY

PENNY

FARMERGAL

Did you check with southinton drive-in
    they do older movies now in the summer
    its right on the waterbury/meriden rd
    worth a shot -i almost think parks and rec have something to do with it
    heck i may even be in town if i plan it right

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  19. i'll have to leave from work.....all the freeways out that way suck starting at 4pm.

20. I plan on getting there early to try for a front row parking spot.....in the Merc!!!

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Damn damn damn...... That would be a badass cruise to check it out. I would 100% go AND bring the whole crew if it were a drive in.

22. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Have them contact me when the weather gets better and we can see if we can make it happen. More than likely they do not have digital projection yet and are still on the old 35 mm system. if that's the case than the idea will not be feasable.

23. It would be great to see your movie on a Drive-in screen,Faith!!!

24. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

We are a good to go......see you all there ! ! !

25. Next wednesday guys!!!!!!!

26. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Good deal buddy, You guys meet at my place after work and we will head up!

27. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

What time are you leaving, maybe we can meet up at your place and roll out together.

28. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Frank, (who owns 5 of the biggest drive ins in so Cal) and I have been kicking the idea around ;)... So yes for sure we will do something this summer!!