Register now to get rid of these ads!

American graffiti 3 the prequel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 8, 2011.

1. sport fury

sport fury

i would like to see a prequel of the first american graffiti. it could be mainly based on milner in the 1950's. in the first american graffiti milner had talked about the past. he said how much better cruising was. he had talked about a street race in 1955 that resulted in a fatal car accident. the movie could show when milner first got his 1932 ford coupe and how he built it. i think a lot of people would love to see such a movie. George Lucus made 6 star wars movies. i hope he would feel that american graffiti deserved a third movie.

2. Mac_55

Mac_55

No Thanks. Im still trying to get over the fact that they attempted a remake of a Duke movie. If they try that and screw it up ,UGHHHH i couldnt take it

3. sport fury

sport fury

i can see what you mean. it might be better to leave a good thing alone.

4. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Some thing are better left unsaid... That being said, I'd watch it!

5. I like the idea, but I also like leaving a lot of it up to the imagination. Plus you would never be able to pull if off these days as it would likely be Vin Diesel playing Milner, and McLovin from Superbad playing Toad. It would just never work.

6. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Even better, Matt Damon as Milner and Leo Dicaprio playing Ron Howards part. Maybe Cameron Diaz as Candy Clark. I think I`ll throw on the DVD now.

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Why? Making a prequel or a sequel doesn't screw up the original movie. It remains the same.
    Now a REMAKE would be a different story. No need for that at all.

A prequel with all unknown actors and different cars...including the Deuce as it would be "in process of becoming" the yellow coupe.

We need more car movies and a prequel to AG would have a chance for good studio support due to the connection with the later era movie.

With the Traditional Hot Rodding thing in full swing right NOW, a revisit to the 50's and the coming of age of Hot Rodding would be a smart move.
    There IS a huge audience just waiting for something...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. sport fury

sport fury

the technical advisers would definitely have to be hamb members.

9. stronga

stronga

I'd would love to see a prequel of American Graffiti. What can I say, I
    even liked "More American Graffiti."

10. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Reminds me of the Indiana Jones movies. They should have left it alone after Raiders of the Lost Arc. That was one of the top 10 best ever made. Every other Indy movie after that sucked. Best to leave this one alone too.

11. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

i would like to see it if it could be done right and they used a bunch of nobodys and the right cars

12. beauishere

beauishere

Man, I don't know about that. I think Graffiti was so great because of the convergence of all the different stories. A movie just about Milner may have been a good idea at one time, but I for one would have a hard time buying anybody in that role but a young Paul LeMat.

Good idea for a story, let's read the book first.

13. sport fury

sport fury

if milner and the 32 for coupe would have not been in american graffiti then there would not be anything near the cult following to american graffiti that there is today within the car culture.

14. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Let's keep it "traditional" with a casting call to the H.A.M.B. Old Farts and the original cast with Norm Grabowski in charge of the Drive Inn we need a "Son of the Wolfman" any nominees?

15. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

wont happen so why bother dreaming about it, plain and simple it wouldnt make any money.
    theres probably 50 thousand american graffiti fans, out of 6 billion people in the world. so unless everybody promised to see it 4 or 5 times it would be a waste of cash.

16. sport fury

sport fury

how about show the wino that was at the liquor with toad as he was before he was a wino.

17. sport fury

sport fury

i think i could disagree with that. there have been many remakes of movies that have done ok that many people have never heard of the original.

18. Mac_55

Mac_55

I see what your saying Hacker. Man it would have to be done exactly right to ever live up to the name tho .

Actually i think Mclovin would make an excellent toad ha ha ha.

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

How could they even think of making a 3rd one ! Or have you all forgotten " More American Graffiti" Milner won the big race with his rail and when he was driving home with that BIG trophy in the passengers seat , if you looked down the road on the next hill , that is where the drunk driver was all over the road and then Milner was killed by a damn drunk driver on New Years Day ! That just totally sucked to no end !

So there can't be a 3rd with out Milner !
    That would be as bad as the remake of "Vanishing Point" where the guy jumped out of the car right before it crashed and lived and no one new it . They thought he died in the big crash .

You just can't take any great film and make a remake of it ! The shitty film maker of today rely on everything that a computer cam make and have nothing to do with real acting and real things . Everything today is all make believe unlike the films we all grew up on . Those film could have been real and believable .
    OK so they try to make a AG 3 . I guess all they will use is tuners , right . That's what todays people use so that is their new hot rods . A damn tuner car with a turbo and a big shot of nitrous , then they blow up the engine racing . there now the movie is done .

I don't and won't waist my money on bullshit movies they do nothing but try to remake . For the money they charge up to look at the crap they make today you would think they could come up with something better than stealing a great movie and just screwing it all up ! I wish they would just come up with something good and real . Not something that was shown before .

OH yes it can be done . Have you seen the "Deuce of Spades " that Faith Granger did and just released . I have that DVD and ordered one early and it was a hell of a good movie too ! I hope Faith can make another one . That movie was worth the wait to get hands down . If you haven't seen it then you better go on her site and order one . You won't be sorry ! Lots of nice kustoms , hotrods , dry lake drags and more . Just what I needed for the winter blues !

Retro Jim

20. Think Norm could get my nephew a part in the movie?

[​IMG]

21. sport fury

sport fury

my idea is not for a remake. it is for a prequel.

22. American Graffiti - 1973

More American Graffiti - 1979

Less American Graffiti (working title only) - 2012

23. Did you even read the post?!

24. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

i doubt it, that kid looks like he wants to punch norm in the face.

25. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Reading posts before blindly replying to them is sooooooooo 1990's....

26. Mac_55

Mac_55

Opening scene :

you here the sound of shoes slapping the pavement at a fevered pace. as a golden oldie plays in the back ground. " possibly summer time blues"
    Camera opens up and all you can see is a pair of old sneakers really scootin down the side walk as they are rolling opening credits.
    A Voice cuts in " Afternoon John . Payday already ?" as the sneakers make a turn into a driveway .
    You see a few 20's change from palm to palm and the camera cuts back to show a 16 year old Milner running his hand down a black full fendered 5 window deuce in stock form.

OK , for someone that hated this idea 10 minutes ago ..... Well Im really starting to like the idea.

27. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

Retro Jim thought prequel was green medicine you took BEFORE you got that "night time -head achy feeling"

28. sport fury

sport fury

i love it. you made my day.

29. How about Omar?

30. Bravo!!!! I think we found the screenwriter and director!!!!!