Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest American Classic Truck Parts (be warned)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottybaccus, Nov 3, 2009.

1. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Guys,

I like to share good news as much as bad, but this is F'n outrageous!

I was ordering some old Chevy repop parts and had shopped around. They weren't the cheapest nor the most expensive, but there was no bad news circulating about them. When placing my order, I was surprised to see they were in Texas, with me. That meant sales tax. Oh well...

Now here's the deal. I meant to order these things last week, but forgot until the wee hours of Monday morning as I was headed for bed. I jumped on the PC and went to their site, found the parts and clicked order, adjusted the quantity and hit submit. At first, the user interface seemed outdated and less than intuitive, but when complete, my order was no more difficult than from Summit Racing. Off to bed about 04:30 Monday morning.

18:30 Monday night, I got the tracking details from the UPS robot, checked status, it was the dreaded "shipping info received". That's 1 day.

12:47 Tuesday, Ding Dong. (I crawled into bed at 06:48, I ain't movin'!)

Hmm, roll over, wake up PC, click tracking, "Out for Delivery" !!

12:53 Tuesday, slice open box (in pajamas), take out one catalog and exactly what I ordered!

That's 32 hours and 23 minutes. :eek: I paid for 3-5 day delivery.

Go order something from American Classic Truck Parts next time you need something for that old Chevy!

http://www.americanclassic.com/

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

so...you're happy? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

pajamas?
    who wears pajamas anymore?

J/K...sounds great..always good to deal with someplace that can opperate efectively

4. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I've learned the hardway... you don't want to wake up Scotty Baccus.

:D

5. barnescole

barnescole

ordered a few sheet metal parts from them for my truck also. shipping to east cost was fast, a welcome surprise. another thumbs up from me.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

You want to be wearing a minimum of pajamas when slicing open anything with a box cutter first thing in the morning.
    -Stumpy

8. squirrel

squirrel

what I wonder is how Scotty knew I had a list of parts I need to buy for my truck, sitting right in front of me....

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I think he meant the box was wearing pyjamas. slice open box (in pajamas) :p

And the nerve of that company, giving you better service than you paid for. How dare they!!

Great to hear a "good" story about a vendor. So often all we hear are complaints.

10. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Great to know.I was thinkin of ordering from these guys but had no feed back.This seals the deal.Burl.

11. Tony

Tony

Not what i expected :)
    Always nice to hear about good business though, and i'll look into them next time i need truck parts.

12. BELLM

BELLM

Why did I read this? Now I have an imagined image of Scotty in pajamas, Woody, from Toy Story, or maybe Barney. With bunny slippers. Oh the horror!!!!

13. manyolcars

manyolcars

Its good to hear, so I went to their website cause I need parts for my truck.

Turns out they only sell parts for off brand trucks.
    Dang

Hi Bellm!

14. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I'll have you know that I have outgrown cartoon characters! Now I have diverse collection of plaid (my wife likes plaid) and one set with Dr. Pepper logos. :rolleyes:

15. That sounds like a story we may not want to know about!

I've used American a couple of times and have been most impressed by the parts themselves, and the speed of the shipping! WOW!:)