Register now to get rid of these ads!

American 54 Star Chief in Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Summershandy, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Summershandy

Summershandy

Hey gang! I've joined forums in the past for motorcycles and a van rebuilt so I've been around the block so to speak. I'm from Northern Ontario Canada and found a 54 Star Chief 3 hours out of town and just fell in love! I had to have her. Not knowing a thing about her except I needed a new project and always dreamed about having a classic. Checked out everything I could on the fly, body, engine, chrome, glass and made a bold on the spot decision. Spent about 2 months up at 5 am on the computer to find out everything I could about this car. I have the original bill of sale from Montana. It was owned by a mechanic so I thought that would be a good thing. It already came with a new generator, starter, voltage regulator. I bought a battery and brought it to life. I also changed the water pump and gave it a thermostat it never had. I have things to tinker with over the cold winter months but I've since taken it around the block a few times. I figger if it starts, runs, drives and shifts it's gotta have potential. I've been reading a few forums but finally decided to join this one. There's still a lot of questions I need answered and they are hard to find sometimes. Sorry for the long intro but I'm really excited and am looking forward on getting help from all you knowledgeable members!

Attached Files:

2. 38 delivery

38 delivery

Welcome from ga!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

hi & welcome. Wow, that really looks great. If you scan around ebay you should be able to easily find a Dealer shop manual that will be a great help. You might find an original manual but if not there are lots of re pop ones there also. Not very expensive either. back when I bought my 46 Chevy Coupe I picked up a set of re pop manuals and later replaced them with an original I found in great condition.
    Enjoy your new ride. Jimmie

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C.