Register now to get rid of these ads!

America Pickers T.V. Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcmarz, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Tonight will be interesting to watch. They are going to meet up with this man who has a yard full of cars and parts. Not to be missed by anyone who is car crazy.

2. synthsis

synthsis

It's on my DVR record list. In the preview you see the one guy blindly offer $5G's for that Plymouth.

3. Deuces

Deuces

Hope this ain't another reality show. :( :eek:

4. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

In the promo they offer the guy 5 grand for a car..don't remember what it is though

5. ratster

ratster

its a 39 plymouth

6. When I first saw this series air, I though how long before people start talking about these two screw jobs and people get wise to them trying to grab peoples stuff on the cheap? I guess they won't run out of people to shaft as I asked several people about the show and very few have seen it or even know about it. Most I talked to don't even have cable or watch cable shows if they do. Plenty of suckers to choose from I see.

7. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Granted I'm not into antiques as much as car parts, but it seem they are not that great at 'picking'. I saw the show where he picked a "rare" bike out of a overgrown bush on a hunch, only to lose really badly. I'll watch tonight anyway.
    I don't want to brag, but follow me around an auto swap meet in LA --I'll show you how to pick!

8. abone1930

abone1930

Dig that show, there aint nothing like finding some good rust in a pile of brush :D

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

hell, me and my buds have been picking for 50 plus years...where's the tv cameras???
    these shows are all staged..i won't watch them.

10. 067chevy

067chevy

They suck. That 39 Plymouth is only worth about 1500.00 on a good day. These guys will push up the price all these old cars sitting around. Won't be able to buy shit.

11. Deuces

Deuces

Right on Linkin!!! :D

12. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

Yeah, It's cool to see the places they hit... but I agree with Linkin, I have been doing it for years with antiques.

Plus the two guys on this show are super annoying, makes the show that much harder to watch.

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

I picked the other day. LOL I'm thinking it's going to look pretty cool in the yard.

[​IMG]

14. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Cool show, waaaayyyyy too much $$$ for that Plymouth. :D

15. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

These idiots are gonna ruin the market for buyers and sellers.

16. big creep

big creep

those guys suck! i dont mind people who pick, but these guys are going to mess it up for everyone! F them big time!

17. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

I don't trust the little guy with the beard

18. wino01

wino01

I see the prices going up, the more people watch the higher the prices will go. I watch but think alot of it is set up. The jukebox on last night was way to clean to be in that barn!!

19. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

I'm not sure how I feel about the show. I watch it but I think they're going to be like Barret Jackson... Everybody is going to start thinking their rotten junk is worth mega bucks. Ehh, but I do love picking rusty crap.

20. Vorhese

Vorhese

When I heard he offered $5000 for that Plymouth I shat my pantaloons. Idjits. I like the show and it's kooky characters, but don't really know what I think of these two.

21. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

[​IMG]

American Prickers is more like it.

22. zzford

zzford

I think they should offer the owners twice what the stuff is worth and sell it for half their investment. That should please everybody.

23. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

All those type shows are mostly BS. I saw them guys buy a motorcycle after I saw it earlier in the back of the van. They walk right past the good stuff to buy some worthless junk.

24. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

well boys check some of the prices on here..........

25. X2 You are so frickin right, when this show first started a blogger said he had a opprtunity to go through a barn that belonged to a friend or relative. Anyway he waited to check it out, meantime relative sends him a picture of a HD bike and asks "You think this is worth anything"?
    Shows like this have ruined treasure hunting
    Check out, "Lucky B Design'" Blog to see bike found in barn:eek:

26. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

The show is only meant to be entertainment. There is now way these to guys overpaying for crap will influence the market --no way.
    In a year from now, nobody will have heard about this show anyway. I surprised it hasn't been canned already.

27. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

those guys are pretty annoying but i still watch just to see some of the cool stuff people have . i do agree that alot of it is more than likely staged for the cameras though . im wondering when they are going to do an episode full of clips of everytime they've been ran off of someones property with a shotgun or had a pistol stuck in there faces after knocking on somebodys door
    FINK

28. Some people seem to be giving this show way too much credit, if you think it will have some huge affect in the real world. Shows like this are just a "splash in the pan". Strictly for entertainment value..not to be taken too seriously. Now, how do I set up to record on my VCR again..uh;)

29. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

THATS MY DREAM JOB. Its my new favorite show on TV! I did a thread on this topic a couple of weeks ago and it got shut down due to politics and bull shit? Oh well I like it

30. retro54

retro54
    from PA

the shows producers ran adds on craigslist last summer basically asking that if you had neat stuff that you wanted to sell, then send the info to them and you could get on a new tv show about guys "finding" antiques across america... the folks who are selling know what is going down... they asked to be on the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.