Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Amber's 61 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by emercadog, Aug 21, 2010.

1. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

This is my step-daughter Amber with her birthday present at 15. A 1961 ford falcon 2 door. We paid $350 with stock 144ci & 2 speed auto trans.

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

White on white, right?

3. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

1961 Falcon

Attached Files:

4. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

Bodywork was done.

Attached Files:

5. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

Amber & friends doing some wet sanding. Next day, we painted it base/clear metallic green.

Attached Files:

6. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

The project was going good. The green paint looked good with the 61 deluxe trim. The next step was to pick some wheels and save more cash...Then we got that call in the middle of the night that turns lives upside down in an instant. "Your daughter has been in an accident, and is on life support." No one knows for sure why her friend Chelsea put her Ford Ranger in the path of on oncoming flatbed tow-truck, at the intersection. Some have speculated cell-phone related. Both girls were in bad shape after being airlifted to a hospital over 100 miles from home. I met Chelsea's parents in the hospital, we were all in shock and scared out of wit. Chelsea died 4 days later. Amber was able to breathe on her own after a couple of weeks, so we where able to wheel her outside.

Attached Files:

7. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

After Chelesa's funural my wife and I were a mess as we headed back to the hospital. The thoughts in my head were so bad I don't even want to mention them. When we got back to the room Amber was awake and talking! Two months later she was the senior prom queen then a graduate! The local paper printed her story.

Attached Files:

8. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Being a parent of 3 I hope I never have to have that dreaded "call" My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope to see the rest of the progress on the car. It is great to see the torch be passed from one generation to the next.

Keep strong
    Eric

9. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

Now the falcon project was back in motion. But now she wanted it lowered and a different color. She wanted rat rod flat paint job with a flaked top. So I filled the holes for the trim and started sanding again.

Attached Files:

10. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

She changed her mind on the flat, so we went with gloss yellow. I haven't flaked the top yet, but I will... Amber is an inspiration to me, and I have a feeling she might be an inspiration to others.

Attached Files:

11. pretty slick faLCON

12. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

Scary story I'm glad it turned out good for your daughter! Nice car too btw.

13. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

mean little falcon....

14. GetUpAndGo

GetUpAndGo

You and your daughter did a great job with that Falcon. Hope she stays healthy enough to enjoy it, and your company, for years to come.

15. nummie

nummie

Having lost one myself.... I thank God your daughter is fine and smile thinking about your project together! the Falcon looks great treasure every build day with her!!

16. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

every parents worst nitemare, so happy for you it came to a happy ending. great falcon you did up for her. Give your kids a hug evry day and say i love you.. you just never know...

17. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

Glad to hear she made a full recovery and the both of you are able to continue your project together. I pray I never receive a call like that. BTW, the Falcon looks great!

18. rztrike

rztrike

May we never forget the ones we have lost and also be thankful for the the ones we have today because tomorrow we never know what will happen

19. God Bless her..........

20. hope fully she will not need a paint color change as often as hair color change!

geez put the trim back on no take it off ...
    changing wheels/caps is a little like changing shoes try only that for a while ..

kids????????????????

21. Racewriter

Racewriter

Glad she came out OK. Looks like she "flaked" her own "top" well in advance of being able to do it on the car! (Brunette to blonde to....)

22. emercadog

emercadog
    from California

I remember Darla on the "Little Rascals". She used to change hair color every other episode. It must of been "traditional" back then.

23. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God bless all involved !

LOST and FOUND !

24. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Wow, that got a tear going, I am also a parent and think about those type of situations that come with having children and hope I doent have to feel what you have felt, but am so glad that she is still with you to enjoy. She is a fighter and will go far in her life. Great project that you guys have going.

Jon

25. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

That's a nice first car.
    I'm glad Amber is doing well now. The title caught my eye because I have a teenage
    daughter named Amber as well.
    You did put seatbelts in that Falcon ?

26. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

your daughters accident and the one mentioned on here earlier about the guy in his '32 Vicky,, major wake up call.. does your car have the outside door handles and dual bowl master cylinder?? I sure hope so.

27. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Any updates on the falcon?I am in the process of pretty much the same car.Glad to hear she came out OK.I can wait till my 3 year old is building his first ride.

28. I spent weeks in the I.C.U. at the ripe old age of 26, I pray your daughter has a full recovery, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the other girls family. Keep us updated on the Falcon.

29. twistedtrbl

twistedtrbl
    from michigan

Great looking car. How did you go about lowering the car, what size tires are you running and do they rub up front when turning?
    One more thing........MORE PICS :D

30. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

I am expecting my first child in October and man I cannot tell you how scared I am anymore about stuff like this. Seems like it is more and more common (maybe I am just paying more attention to it) that kids are being killed or injured. Glad that your child made it out of that horrible scenario. Thanks for the story.