Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amazon.com is cheaper????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chucky, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I bought a pair of bellflower exhaust tips for $15 on clearance, in stock.

2. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

I don't mind paying more if it means buying it from 'the little guy'. I use Amazon too, don't get me wrong. For out of print CD's/DVD's or Vinyl, some electronics sure. But buying car parts on-line when I've got a parts store in town thats been here for years with old-timers who know what the hell they're talking about? No way. I'd feel partially responsible if they went out of business while I forked my money over to a company that wouldn't ever feel my purchase one way or the other.

Maybe it's me, but not buying local seems like stealing from my community. San Angelo might be different too. Lots of older business' down here that need those local sales to stay afloat. Maybe it's the times, and eventually specialty stores with actual people working at them will be a thing of the past, but if paying a little less somewhere else is what kills em off, I don't want to participate.

3. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

Last year I started buying my lunch at burger king with a debit card.

Not long after I got a letter in the mail that said "I was the lucky winner of an Amazon $1000 gift card" (because by using my debit card I was automatically entered in their contest.)(

I knew it was bullshit, but I cautiously filled out the form.

Turns out it was legit, and got $1000 of free stuff from amazon!, no problems at all. Lots of deals there if you look. (I never used amazon before then, thought it was only for books)

4. i just recieved 4 shocks, 2 coils springs and some bump stops through Amazon and using the prime membership i saved $30! Amazon is like a modern day J.C Whitney simply a clearing house! One thing to remember is buying online keeps people working also and anymore it seems like the local parts house always says "yeah we can order it for you" well fuck i can do that myself! Any more i look up the part and call for a "physical check" before i drive anywhere and if it's a major repair i plan it well in advance before i start!