Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs AMAZING DAY! HOLY GRAIL! DREAM COME TRUE! 1940 Mercury Coupe TWO OF EM!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sparkydeluxe, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Blackie

Blackie

Not a happy ending...

Sent from a pay phone

2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Both of them are on ebay? Bummer.

3. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

Damn that's disappointing

4. Ease up fellas.

The black one was bought with the intention of reselling, which I mentioned on the first page of this thread. New owner has that one and is more than welcome to do with it as he wishes.

Mine is another deal. I didn't buy to resell. Believe that or don't, but if you're close to me you know that wasn't my intent. I bought it because its the car I've wanted for several long years, and unfortunately that's exactly how long it took me to finally get it. If i were an unmarried guy working a great job as i was when I was after the car all those years, maybe a different story, but I saw rather quickly that my priorities have changed since then. When I handed over the money for this car I was that starry eyed kid again, when I got it home, I realized just how much my priorities have changed. Don't get me wrong I love this car, I get goosebumps standing next to it, but its still a car, and my family and the ministry i work for will always come first. Purchasing the car has sacrificed more from those things than I'm willing to allow for my hobby. So I put it up for sale. Sorry if that offends anyone, but at the end of the day that's where I'm at.

5. Well done ya lucky bugger on finding them shame you can't keep it and build ya dream car outta them

6. '59DaddyO

'59DaddyO

Well today my dream came true, I made a deal On my 40 Merc. It also is in Colorado. It's not as nice as either of these two BUT, it once belonged to my dad!! The sister of the man who owned it for the last 35-40 years has agreed to sell it to me. My dream car isn't just any ole '40 Merc! No sir this '40 Merc was my Dad's '40 Merc!!! I've been misty eyed all day!! :)

7. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

what great find man you did good cant wait to see what you do to them. It has also has been a dream of mine to have a 1940 or 1939 merc too man. Well good luck with both of your builds.

8. sorry to tell you, urs are not the only ones in Colorado I got three from Aspen last year and one is a convertible