Register now to get rid of these ads!

Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53Chuck, Mar 9, 2013.

1. 53Chuck

53Chuck
    BANNED

The bel airs interior wasn't in ill repair by any means, but I always hated the crushed velvet, especially when it's hot outside

Attached Files:

2. 53Chuck

53Chuck
    BANNED

A pretty good looker from a safe distance.

Attached Files:

3. 61 chevy

61 chevy

so I guess this makes the other guy a fool driving a 56, good trade

4. 53Chuck

53Chuck
    BANNED

The guy who ended up with the bel air initiated the deal and seemed to be tickled pink with being its new owner.

5. 1ton

1ton

i'd say your sane but the rest of us old car enthusiasts are just plain nuckin futs.

6. '40 anyday. Tri five chevy's are a dime a dozen and they all look the same.

7. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Hey ! here is the winner of the big prize at Detroit

Attached Files:

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

9. fortynut

fortynut

Ask yourself these questions: (1.) How do I feel driving this car? (a.) Like a chump. :confused:(b.) Like a champ. :D(2.) Is the '56 Chevrolet ? (a.) Pick of the litter. :eek:(b.) Red-headed step-child. :p(3.) Given enough time can I? (a.) Split the bones, stuff a small block in the coupe, etc., and cruise 'til I drop?:) (b.) Get an extra job, mortgage my house, buy flat head go fast parts, pay for exotic machining, buy a Lincoln Zephyr Transmission, Halibrand Quick Change, etc., etc. (c.) Spend valuable time asking a question I already know the answer to? :( GOOD LUCK ON THE QUIZ.:) FORTY FORDS ROCK!!! Gear heads know where their buzz comes from, without wetting a finger and sticking it up in the air. One of the classic symptoms of 'buyer's remorse' is to wonder if you beat yourself trading. The benchmark should be: not to move up, not to best someone in a deal, but trade to 'get what you want'. Then, you sleep with a smile in your dreams.

10. 53Chuck

53Chuck
    BANNED

Well said

11. seatex

seatex

I recently traded a 31 ford 5 window with a 392 hemi for a 4 door '57 wagon. Did I fuck up? Did the guy I traded it to? Nope, I don't think so............and I will tell you why. We all may have that ONE car we will never part with. We all may have one that we couldn't live without, but over time lusted for another. Only a few lucky bastards can keep them all, and the rest of us may have to give up something to enjoy something new.
    Could I have gotten more for the A than I can for the wagon? Who knows, but the best part is.......I got them both, at least for a time.
    I bet you had a blast in the '56, now you will have a great time enjoying the '40. What's important is, that you didn't sell and blow the money and have nothing to show but pictures. I'll take a trade any day, over selling. Up, down, sideways......you did good on the '56, you did good on the 40.
    ENJOY! (and to answer the original question, yeah, you're crazy...........just like the rest of us on this board)