Register now to get rid of these ads!

Always remember, it could be worse....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Mar 20, 2010.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So driving home from Auto shop today, being that it was nice out i decided to take the 53'. Some train tracks are coming up. Apperently, i didnt slow down enough, or check my skirt lock pin enough, because just as i went over the track im hearing clanging & grinding. Look in my rear veiw & see the skirt sliding on the stainless & then get run over by a school bus, Both axels. The hubcap was lucky, it slid, on its face mind you, in between the two axles. As i get out someone was nice enough to stop in the road and pick the cap up for me. And i got all the parts of the skirt off the road. its not terriblt banged up, but to get the stainless back in order will be a bitch. I'll post some pictures tomorow.
    Good and bad end to the story, i have one extra brand new hubcap.
    And one new skirt stainless.....Thats for the other side of the car, Damn it.

2. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Dang.. Ive had that happen. Except it was a Cheap Spinner cap that let go.. it cut the side wall of the tire.. destroyed the fender skirt..

Hope you can find a replacement..

3. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Yeah it could have been worse...if the tire and wheel came off causing the skirt and hubcap to come off, that would have been worse!!! or you stopped quickly, kinda panic stop in shock, and the bus rear ended ya...that would have been worse!!! Seriously tho, good to hear it wasn't too bad. Hopefully you an get it straighted back out.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I know i've had those days.:( But you'll get it back together and tell the tail in a few years and laugh about how the bus ran over it. :) Funny how the mood can swing that way.

5. 69fury

69fury

i'm just thankfull that school bus drivers know they can just stomp down what they need to instead of swerving/jamming brakes and putting the kids through the wringer.

Steel's more replaceable than the 'ittle ones are. - sorry to hear bout your ride, though. She looks like a sweetheart. I'm sure she'll appreciate the attention you give her when you mend her.

-rick

6. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Worst part is, i have no skill when it comes to straightening out any steel, and stainless I know is a cruel mistress. then the scratches i have no idea at all. But the replacement hubcap is a good thing, its brand new so i'll put it on the front once i put the badge from the old cap on it. It looked worse when it happened then it did today when i opened up the trunk today.

7. 454navyss

454navyss

that sucks man, hopefully you can get that skirt all straightened out

8. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

That hubcap should fit either side I believe

9. I thought it was a federal law that the school bus had to stop before the tracks, it should've been able to miss it.

10. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hank, its the stainless thats directional, they dont fit on their oppisite side. they have a dip in the front of them that only fits the one side.
    Swade, Actually the bus was stopping, slowing down at least, the skirt slid about 10-15 feet and theres a big black skid mark from when it flipped from the front axle hit it, and the back tires snagged it. :D

11. Somebody told me once to cheer up, it could be worse. So I did, and sure enough, they were right...it DID get worse...:D

12. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The shots, doesnt look as bad in photos, but the scratches are deep and swirly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Didnt seem all that bad, untill i saw this.
    [​IMG]
    Bent the mounting tab and lip 90+ degrees the oppisite way, Awesome.